Author Topic: Avast 4.7 - best in test! (Swedish PC magazine)  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Avast 4.7 - best in test! (Swedish PC magazine)
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »
In the latest number of a swedish PC Magazine, PC Tidningen ( http://www.pctidningen.se ) they test 6 antivirus programs.

They test:

BitDefender 10
Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic
Avast! 4.7 Home Edition
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
Norton Antivirus 2006
AVG Free Edition 7.1

And Avast was the test winner... :)

Top three in the test:

Avast 8.8 points
AVG 8.4 points
Bitdefender 8.4 points

To get a serious test, they got help from http://www.av-test.org

With avast, they like the user interface, they also like that the program could be used with the swedish language (but as me, they thought the swedish language was clumsy, and could be better...and I have mailed Igor about some issues with the swedish translating :) ). In the test, they said that the scanning took long time, but the result was good. They like that the Avast-program could check for virus in instant message-programs (like msn messenger, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger) and P2P-programs, and not just disk-checking or mail-checking. They also wrote that they like the update-feature, and that it work very well.

And of course, they just love that the program was free and don't cost anything :)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 4.7 - best in test! (Swedish PC magazine)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
Nice one, I would have liked to read the review, but my Swedish is a little limited (read non-existent) and I couldn't find an on-line translation service that includes Swedish, shame, unless you know of one Bluesman ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:53:15 PM »
Nice one, I would have liked to read the review, but my Swedish is a little limited (read non-existent) and I couldn't find an on-line translation service that includes Swedish, shame, unless you know of one Bluesman ?

I don't know if they publish the test on their site, I don't think so, I just saw the test in the paper magazine.

No, I haven't seen a swedish-english translator on the net.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »
Thanks, shame about the translator. I have installed the firefox extension Translator 1.0.4 and that uses 6 translations sources and one of those even included Norwegian in its translation so I hoped since Norwegian is include Swedish would have been too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security