Author Topic: Avast boot scan results  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Angelsheart85

Avast boot scan results
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:56:57 AM »
Guys and gals, can, anyone help?

I ran the Avast boot time scan of my Windows and got few different error messages. I cannot attach the photo I took of it coz it seems too big for the message, but if there is anyone there who can help I can send the phot by email.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast boot scan results
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
Ignore boot scan error messages, there is nothing a home user can do about it (it is meant for avast lab)

Offline Angelsheart85

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
Really? 😕

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:25:46 PM »
some years ago avast said they should remove scan error messages from scan results because it only worry home users

you will not see those error messages when running quick or full scan ... or do you?

Boot scan is not meant to be used as a regular scanner it is a special tool to be used when you have problems removing a detection

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:30:32 PM by Pondus »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
Really? 😕

Well without any information how is anyone to comment.
Try editing your image, by reducing its size and quality and you may be able to post it.

The main thing to worry about in a boot time scan are any actual avast detections.  Errors as such would depend on what they are, but as mentioned, probably beyond a users capability.

I would also ask why you felt it was necessary to run a boot-time scan in the first place ?
That in itself could have an impact on errors received.

You could also check the avast boot-time scan log. If you have elected to generate a report file, possible locations for this report.  I haven't used the Boot Time scan in many, many years, so I can't say with certainty if the filename and locations are current and or correct.

-  Fle Locations C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\aswBoot.log (win7 and later) check this file using notepad for info on the scan/detections, etc.
C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\aswBoot.txt
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Angelsheart85

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »
Reply to DavidR (and ll of you also who bothered to reply, thank you, all, it is so much appreciated!

I did it because whenever my c runs slow avast always detrcted everything properly and solved problems, I mean ehy I m running the boot scan. But this time it never finds viruses, malware, any problems and it became so suspicious to me so i decided to run the boot scan. And it found many msny many problems, from corrupted files to windows sysyem errors.

I v deleted the corrupted files and rerun the boot scan and then it found only already existing system errors, as corrupted files were deleted so it couldnt detect them ny longer, naturally.

Then in order to recheck i v listened to the threads at microsoft forum and I v learned how to scan the software there and I did. The results were tge same as the results of the boot time sAvast scans, the very same system32 erorrs detected and shown. O Avast detected the real, existent, system errors which make my wibdows run way slower. Now I wanna fix it all but i donr know how honestly, and I dont want to reinstall windows all over again to be honest.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »
A corrupt file is just that, it is not an indication that it is infected. These are usually archive (compressed, zip) files and don't represent an immediate threat.  Avast would scan these automatically as and when they are extracted (should they be able to be run).

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security