Author Topic: I'm very impressed with Avast and the recent company changes  (Read 1020 times)

Offline TheEnglishmanFromUK

I'm very impressed with Avast and the recent company changes
« on: February 18, 2021, 11:05:50 PM »
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with your products and recent company changes.

Just for some background story, I'm considered quite tech savvy. I've been using security softwares since the late 90's, and started geting interested in cybersecurity in the 2010's, testing most products on a yearly basis.

Lately, after trying Premium Security for a while, I've bought the Ultimate package. That's how impressed I am with the product. The UI is dead simple and it runs very smoothly on full auto mode without requiring any user interaction, which is perfect for daily users. However, digging in the settings gives a wide array of settings to tweak and play around, way more than most competing products, which is great for advanced users. Hardened mode is plain awesome.

As for privacy, I'm quite happy with the offered settings. There's the possibility to turn off most settings, both in the app as well as the extension. Also the explanations of what data it harvest and for what purpose is straightforward and not deceiving. Avast actually is very honest in that regard, and people bashing the company obviously don't know what they are talking about and are stuck in the past.

Last but not least, I like the direction the company is taking with their privacy by design strategy took in late december of last year.

Anyway just a big shoutout to say that I really enjoy your product and recent company changes. Keep up the good work Avast. As for me I'm kind of a lone wolf, but I might come now and then to give some help on forums when I feel like it.

Cheers !

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: I'm very impressed with Avast and the recent company changes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:36:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: I'm very impressed with Avast and the recent company changes
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 01:53:20 PM »
Yeah, I constantly see people cluelessly bash avast! on reddit on regular basis. Most still clinging on issue from like a year ago. Sure, there were some issues with the way they rolled the whole thing, but the whole drama was so over exaggerated and overblown on basis of a lot of "could have" and "could be" and not based on actual issues. And everyone just keeps on repeating that for ages.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog