Author Topic: Avast Premium Cleanup Cleaned out my Firefox Bookmarks  (Read 2637 times)

Offline mapurves

Avast Premium Cleanup Cleaned out my Firefox Bookmarks
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:47:21 AM »
I ran Avast Cleanup Premium this morning, and it took out all my Firefox Bookmarks. The bookmarks tabs are there with the names of the bookmarks, but there are no URLs associated. I have the jsonlx4 files from a recent PC backup and I restored them to the appropriate directory. However, restarting Firefox did not help. No bookmark URLs.

Offline ephaley

Re: Avast Premium Cleanup Cleaned out my Firefox Bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 07:00:02 PM »
I had the exact problem you describe. The solution laid out in this post worked for me:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=249591.0

"...please try to navigate into the product folder in c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\, look for pdfix.exe and try to run it."

I hope that helps.

Phil

Offline sifter42

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 10:58:02 PM »
Ugh, I just upgrade to Premium and this is the first thing that happens.  Avast completely wrecks all of my Firefox Bookmarks.  Very annoyed right now...

In any case, I tried the solutions above and nothing worked.  Any other ideas?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 11:15:12 PM »
Ugh, I just upgrade to Premium and this is the first thing that happens.  Avast completely wrecks all of my Firefox Bookmarks.  Very annoyed right now...

In any case, I tried the solutions above and nothing worked.  Any other ideas?

Mmm interesting as I use Clean up and there hasn't been any issues with deleted/removed bookmarks on any of my Browsers (Firefox, ASB, MS Edge) ???

Did you check your settings before running App
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:17:55 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »
Hello everyone,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

This is a known issue we discovered earlier this week and we are already working on the fix.
I cannot promise you the exact date when it will be released but it is our top priority at the moment so I hope we will be able to resolve it in the next two weeks.

Thank you!