Author Topic: Migrating AVAST to new SSD and OS  (Read 829 times)

Offline jgb-av

Migrating AVAST to new SSD and OS
« on: February 20, 2021, 10:12:22 PM »
I am migrating my old 32 bit Win 10 OS to a new SSD with Win 10 64 bit OS.

After I install Win 10 64 bit OS on a clean SSD what is the best order of apps to migrate? 

Should AVAST be first or does it matter?

How do I migrate all functions of AVAST including product keys?

Anything I should be careful of?

Thanks
jgb-av

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Migrating AVAST to new SSD and OS
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 10:44:41 PM »
Personally I would go with Avast as the first installation.

You don't say which avast product you have previously installed (relating to your product key) ?
You should probably uninstall your old/previous installation of Avast or it might think you two installations of the product, if you only have a single installation license.

If a paid product, you should have a copy of your license/registration (product) key in your avast account when you install on the system.  Link the new copy to your existing account.avast.com and that should effectively cover the new installation. 

You 'may' have to remove the old system linkage to the avast product and old installation.
If you still have your email from when you purchased the product, that should have a copy of your license/product key.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security