Author Topic: Avast and Internet Explorer  (Read 2465 times)

HappyFunBall

Avast and Internet Explorer
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
Hello, new user of Avast here with a couple of questions, mainly concerning my IE browsing.

First of all, LOVE Avast. However...I have noticed a few times when I'm browsing, that certain images, multimedia players (ex. slide shows, music players) show the ever popular red X at the top left corner now when I'm on certain sites. How do I fix this? Is there some place in webshield that I can fix this option?

Also, I've noticed that the page "Page cannot be displayed" or ya know, that error IE page comes up a little more often now. Of course, all I have to do is refresh the page and it comes up, but it's a tad bit annoying.

An help with both of these topics would be quite helpful and less annoying for me ;) Thanks!

HappyFunBall  ;D

testy

Re: Avast and Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:58:33 PM »
I don't think that has anything to do with Avast.  I think that is a IE setting. I use IE and don't have this problem.   Check your advanced tab in internet options under multimedia.  I have most of those checked.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast and Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »
The infamous Red X is a common problem in IE that has been around for years and one that hasn't been licked yet (nor a definitive reason found). A google search for this should return many thousands of hits, so I don't think they are all using avast ;D http://www.google.com/search?q=red+x+in+IE+image+not+displayed.

The standard answer is to clear out your browser cache, Temporary Internet Files and reload the page.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security