Author Topic: No idea what my scanning report is telling me  (Read 3518 times)

jenn8

No idea what my scanning report is telling me
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:22:12 AM »
Can anyone tell me what all this means in my scanning report?

Is there a guide somewhere that I can refer to, so I can figure this out myself?

C:\Documents and Settings\Jenn8\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\Jenn8\ntuser.dat.LOG [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\hiberfil.sys [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\pagefile.sys [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Users\Jenn8\Data\chandir.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Users\Jenn8\Data\D0000000.FCS [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{63C300FB-EF25-4A68-8D59-ED822749A11F}.bin [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_2f8.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\_avast4_\Webshlock.txt [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)

Thanks!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: No idea what my scanning report is telling me
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:04:32 AM »
During the runtime of the operating system, some files are "locked" by the owner program, or by the operating system itself - and cannot be accessed by other programs.
I don't see anything suspicious in your report, i.e. I'd say it's perfectly normal.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »
Are you using Windows XP?
You schedule a boot-time scanning. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning > Select for scanning archives > Boot.
Access denied means, generally, that the file is in use by another process (program) and cannot be repaired/cleaned/moved/handled by avast!
The best things in life are free.

jenn8

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:45:22 AM »
Yes, I am running Windows XP.   As long as there is nothing that looks suspicious, I guess I won't worry about it.  Thanks for the quick response.

Jenn