Author Topic: Avast home  (Read 1958 times)

jwd20

Avast home
« on: November 22, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
Question:
 why doesn't avast scan email when using outlook express  just not microsoft outlook only

I received this email message

( Our firewall determined the e-mails containing worm copies are being sent from your computer.

Nowadays it happens from many computers, because this is a new virus type (Network Worms).

Using the new bug in the Windows, these viruses infect the computer unnoticeable.
After the penetrating into the computer the virus harvests all the e-mail addresses and sends the copies of itself to these e-mail
addresses

Please install updates for worm elimination and your computer restoring.

Best regards,
Customers support service)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast home
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
Answer, it does, that is my default email program. I suggest you take a browse through the avast help file.

This is a social engineering issue to try to get you to install the updates and bingo you will be infected. The email you received unsolicited will have a link to a web site or an attached patch/update, etc. designed to get you to click through and infect your system.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Avast home
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
Question:
 why doesn't avast scan email when using outlook express  just not microsoft outlook only

Welcome to the forum!  :)

Avast scan my mail in Outlook Express, and also in Thunderbird. So it's best your check your settings, Avast work just fine with Outlook Express.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon