Author Topic: Premium Security corrupted my Laptop  (Read 2087 times)

Offline allhomemail

Premium Security corrupted my Laptop
« on: February 24, 2021, 09:39:52 AM »
I ran clean-up premium & did everything recommended and now I cant use microsoft office. When I try any office program it first comes up with a box saying 'please wait whilst windows configures M/s office professional plus 2013' then another window appears saying the feature is on a network and unavailable OR enter a path to a folder containing the installation package 'proPlusrWW.msi'....... use source: C:\MSOCache\All Users\{91150000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\

That was the initial issue I contacted Avast Chat with .....after 3 hours and the lady taking control of my computer she said she would have to escalate to the next level & someone would contact me in 3 working days!!!

In the meantime, I was without my laptop so in urgent need of using Office I paid to install a new version ....I can now use Office BUT I then realised lots of other programs (incl. an old version of Lotus 123 which I need & was running successfully on W10) came up with similar access problems. To make matters worse even functions and programs within W10 are not useable such as Photos and the program icons are not displayed in folders etc.

It was not until a week later that Avast finally responded by e-mail. I was expecting a higher level more capable person to again access my laptop remotely and fix the links that clearly running their software (premium!!) had broken. But 'NO' they simply said run M/s Repair. I pointed out other issues have come to light and I need online support. Another few days go by & they don't do that and have left me high & dry despite further pleas again spreading over days!!

Has anyone else had this problem and suffered such a disgraceful lack of response and failure to take responsability?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Nev

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Premium Security corrupted my Laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 09:08:04 AM »
I ran clean-up premium & did everything recommended and now I cant use microsoft office. When I try any office program it first comes up with a box saying 'please wait whilst windows configures M/s office professional plus 2013' then another window appears saying the feature is on a network and unavailable OR enter a path to a folder containing the installation package 'proPlusrWW.msi'....... use source: C:\MSOCache\All Users\{91150000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\

That was the initial issue I contacted Avast Chat with .....after 3 hours and the lady taking control of my computer she said she would have to escalate to the next level & someone would contact me in 3 working days!!!

In the meantime, I was without my laptop so in urgent need of using Office I paid to install a new version ....I can now use Office BUT I then realised lots of other programs (incl. an old version of Lotus 123 which I need & was running successfully on W10) came up with similar access problems. To make matters worse even functions and programs within W10 are not useable such as Photos and the program icons are not displayed in folders etc.

It was not until a week later that Avast finally responded by e-mail. I was expecting a higher level more capable person to again access my laptop remotely and fix the links that clearly running their software (premium!!) had broken. But 'NO' they simply said run M/s Repair. I pointed out other issues have come to light and I need online support. Another few days go by & they don't do that and have left me high & dry despite further pleas again spreading over days!!

Has anyone else had this problem and suffered such a disgraceful lack of response and failure to take responsability?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Nev

Hello,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.
Now to the solution, please try to navigate into the product folder in c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\, look for pdfix.exe and try to run it. It will automatically revert all changes you might made in the "Background & startup programs" feature as there might be an issue connected with it.

Secondly please send us logs from your machine so we can investigate what happened in order to prevent that in the future.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline allhomemail

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:26:41 AM »
Tried it & no different!

Still can't open programs and for example when I try to open a jpg using photos I get the message:
File system error (-2147219196)

Offline allhomemail

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 07:54:32 AM »
Stellarman - As you can see I am new to this forum 'stuff' Are you independent or with Avast team?

I have had this problem for a full two weeks now and I am in desperate need to get using Lotus 123 and all the other programs but especially Lotus. As you may know it's a very old program which someone helped me to convert from CD and load on this W10 laptop but it was difficult to install but has worked well for the last 6 years. Now, I am worried about loosing it so it needs a fix which does not re-install like was needed to be done with Office. Who is able to help with that?