Author Topic: New browser version 88.2  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Jana Ernekerová

• Avast team
New browser version 88.2
« on: February 24, 2021, 11:20:52 AM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version 88.2. This version will be rolled out to all our customers over the next few days/weeks.

Fixes
  • Improved the overall stability of the Browser
  • Fix some issues with site compatibility, in particular some banking sites
  • Includes 10 security fixes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)

>> More info about Beta channel is here

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platform and with new Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 11:21:44 AM by Jana Ernekerová »

Offline Ray123

Re: New browser version 88.2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:55:36 AM »
The browser started displaying all black instead of the usual white. You can not see any of the type or browser pages, etc.

Any thoughts?

Offline g.dan4202

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:07:57 AM »
The Bank Mode tab to open will not appear late afternoon Pacific Standard Time.  When I open the Security and Privacy Center, the  Bank Mode tab has a message:  "Update Antivirus".  I do that, however I think it is looking for the AntiVirus update for the next day.  It is still February 27, 2021 now at 10:02 PM in California.  It is February 28 in Europe and in the Eastern part of the United States. 

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 12:22:15 PM »
Hi Ray123
The same issue is being discussed here:https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=250750.0
I want to tell you that we are working on it, and I would appreciate, if you could take a look at the steps I described to help us diagnose the issue.

Offline Maria140

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 10:19:24 PM »
The Bank Mode tab to open will not appear late afternoon Pacific Standard Time.  When I open the Security and Privacy Center, the  Bank Mode tab has a message:  "Update Antivirus".  I do that, however I think it is looking for the AntiVirus update for the next day.  It is still February 27, 2021 now at 10:02 PM in California.  It is February 28 in Europe and in the Eastern part of the United States.

This issue has not been fixed yet. Today, march 2nd.
A real pain in the neck.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 10:31:21 PM »
Have you tried what Jakub171 sugested ?

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=250750.msg1587849#msg1587849

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 11:16:32 AM »
Hi g.dan4202
I am looking into this problem, but I have not been able to recreate it so far. Could you please help me diagnose the issue by sending me Antivirus version and browser diagnostic information?
1) Go to secure://settings/diagnosticInfo in ASB
2) Click "Diagnostic information"
3) Take a screenshot
4) Open antivirus window
5) Select menu in upper right corner
6) Click about
7) You can see the Antivirus version there
If you send me these information, I hope I will be able to better diagnose the issue.
Thank you for reporting this error.

Offline Casper15

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 07:00:07 AM »
Password extension is not ASB and ASB is not a selectable browser form Avast security.
Help! Can not log in anymore (easily).