Author Topic: Win32:Mydoom-B  (Read 4949 times)

Pavel Baudis

Win32:Mydoom-B
« on: January 28, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »
Win32:Mydoom-B has been discovered in the wild recently. The avast! update is already out. I only wonder if it will be as much successful as its older brother.

Pavel

PhilR

Re:Win32:Mydoom-B
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 08:51:29 PM »
We picked this one up this afternoon.  I noticed ClamAV was catching them and McAfee wasn't, so I notified McAfee at around 15:30 GMT.

Phil

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 10:56:25 PM »
We picked....

Ehmm.... who's we? Are you an ISP? Are you located in Europe? (this makes a difference since you were saying 'this afternoon' :))

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 11:08:01 PM »
Vlk Macworld has several emails infected with Mydoom and Mydoom.B
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

PhilR

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »
We picked....

Ehmm.... who's we? Are you an ISP? Are you located in Europe? (this makes a difference since you were saying 'this afternoon' :))

Thanks
Vlk

I used the "Royal we" - I'm responsible for the email gateway for an English local authority.  Our corporate AV licence is with NAI/McAfee, but all mail to and from the internet is virus scanned and de-spammed on a Linux box, using the open source ClamAV antivirus and McAfee's uvscan for Linux.  I noticed ClamAV was catching some that McAfee was missing at around 15:00 GMT.  I use Avast on my home PC, which is why I'm here...

jfbg

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 03:33:49 PM »
Just found Mydoom-B in a documents.zip file. Thanks to Avast!