Poll

what should avast include most in version 5?

scheduling of scans
2 (9.1%)
newer and better skins
3 (13.6%)
being lighter on system resources
12 (54.5%)
All of the Above
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 12, 2006, 06:47:40 AM

Author Topic: What do you think should Avast include in their version 5?  (Read 8309 times)

SNOWHITE

Re: What do you think should Avast include in their version 5?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 12:28:24 AM »
This suggestion may get laughed at, but, i would love to see an advanced firewall included in "avast! 5", this to me would make "avast!" the perfect security software and would give it's cometitors something to think about., lets face it "avast!" is one of the best free AV programs around and the inclusion of an advanced firewall would make "avast!" a complete solution, which i would love to see.
Alwill to create firewall (that will use low resources), well yes i would love to see that, but to be included in avast 5, NO THANK YOU :) Firewall should be an option to choose it if you like, or not if you don't like it...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 12:48:30 AM »
Alwill to create firewall (that will use low resources), well yes i would love to see that, but to be included in avast 5, NO THANK YOU :) Firewall should be an option to choose it if you like, or not if you don't like it...
If they do, they will do exactly this  ;)
The best things in life are free.

mouniernetwork

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 02:28:36 AM »
Or they can buy COMODO Firewall  ;)
But I agree with Tech that it should remain an antivirus not a "all sorts of things package"
But isn't that what Symanetc is doing ?? Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security,etc...

Al968

riskpusher4life

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 06:50:03 AM »
guys,when i meant newer and better skins,i meant in a way that the default skin which comes bundled with avast should be a little better because these days people always judge on the basis of the cover not what is in it,
but avast is really good and i think that scheduling of scans should be left to the pro version,atleast there should be newer effects in the aesthetics department,i am not talking technically now but there should be some newer sound effects,newer things like detailed vrdb report file or something like that.
i am no great pro at this but i think that is something many would like to see.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 10:02:46 AM »
Guys, I don't really thing there's a need for this thread -- that's why we have the "Wishlist" thread, right?

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

riskpusher4life

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »
I guess he is right but this was not a thread in the first place it was meant to be a poll!
anyway i think there are more intelligent and more experienced people who have suggested a lot of things on the wishlist.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »
Guys, I don't really thing there's a need for this thread -- that's why we have the "Wishlist" thread, right?
Well... would you be able just to read it now? Tons and tons of pages...  ::)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 12:42:08 PM »
I sometimes clean and scan the Wishlist thread for ideas... the problem is that there's a lot of things (to do) I can think of on my own - so I don't really need additional ideas to fill up the free time...  :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »
I sometimes clean and scan the Wishlist thread for ideas... the problem is that there's a lot of things (to do) I can think of on my own - so I don't really need additional ideas to fill up the free time...  :-\
At least we'll be happy because some people is thinking on how to make avast better.
I wish you have more spare time... oh, better, that your wishes come to reality  8)