Author Topic: would like to backup virus definitions  (Read 3296 times)

raylinstephens

would like to backup virus definitions
« on: November 27, 2006, 01:39:51 PM »
I am sure this has been asked and answered but I was unable to find in a search or in the help files.

I try to regularly backup files I need to keep and wanted to know if I can also backup the avast4 home edition updates.  I looked but have been unable to find the folder that contains them.

With slow dial-up it can take a while to update virus definitions from scratch.  If this is not necessary, please let me know that too.

BTW, I love Avast4 Home Edition!!  It really seems to be doing the job, thanks! 

raylin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: would like to backup virus definitions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 02:07:52 PM »
I try to regularly backup files I need to keep and wanted to know if I can also backup the avast4 home edition updates.
With slow dial-up it can take a while to update virus definitions from scratch.  If this is not necessary, please let me know that too.
There isn't such a possibility... but it's not necessary either. You'll mess your avast installation.
The updates are incremental. It won't take that long even in dial-up.
The best things in life are free.

raylinstephens

Re: would like to backup virus definitions
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 02:43:04 PM »
Thank you Tech!!

A well-meaning friend had shown me what she does but never told me that Avast!4Home was free or where it could be found.  I have no idea what she is backing up since I never could find this on any anti-virus software and I have tried a few.

Since I was unable to find it, I decided to go to the source and you are here for me!

I really like the fact I don't have to constantly fight with Avast! when I go surfing.  Thank you for this wonderful program.

Have a great holiday season!
Your new fan, raylin