Author Topic: Main Avast screen freeze!  (Read 18330 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Main Avast screen freeze!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2004, 01:00:34 AM »
No problem with that Tipton, but you don't have to show your e-mail on the forum if you don want to. Still, you can PM me, and also, there is my e-mail, so you can send me your address (doesn't have to be your primary address if you are affraid of something... although, I can't see the reason... spam ? Spam is normal part of our lives... that's why we are blessed with MailWasher).

It's not problem with other skins, but I just want to see this particular skin works fine and without problems... the skin that gave you some problems before. That's the only way we canfind that out.

I just finished that skin, replaced TGA with BMP. Skin is ready for you to test it. You really don't have a single reason to not believe me. Ask Vlk and all other Alwil members, as well as all forum members that comunicate with me all the time.

If you still don't want to do that, well that's your decision... but, skin is 100% ready for testing.

Cheers !

Sasha
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 01:07:53 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2004, 01:12:09 AM »
Ok, sent!  :)

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2004, 01:25:50 AM »
No problem, I just sent you (10 seconds ago) new improved version of that skin. Test it, and let me know what is going on...

NOTE: It's a skin instalation file, you just have to start it and it will self-extract in your avast! skin directory... you can not just put it into skin directory, 'cause if you take a closer look, file extension is aswcs (compressed skin file), and not asws which is standard avast! skin extension. When you run instalation (.aswcs file) it will self-extract in skin directory, as I said before.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 01:30:15 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2004, 01:28:37 AM »
Ok I will give it a whirl!  Is it going to look different than the original?

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2004, 01:35:09 AM »
Take a look in my last post again, I updated it a bit.

No, there will be no any huge noticeable difference, but those last (right side) 3 buttons will act little bit different, some different transition effects. Most important is that if you turn ON translucent effect in avast!, it will make no difference. Skin will be the same. There will be no semi-transparent areas inside display area. Everything is one big wonderful BMP file, not TGA anymore...

There is small difference in the name... now it's called  "Laah-Ra_TGA_Free".

We'll see, but be sure to keep me up to date with your information...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 02:18:23 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2004, 02:53:23 AM »
...I actually have a few ideas for a skin, if you are interested sometime...
Douglas

I'm always open minded regarding listening to users... 99% of why I like so much to make those skins are avast! users. I want them to be happiest bunch of antivirus users in the world. They have at least 3 very good reasons for that:

1.) first and most important...
avast! is the best antivirus tool EVER !!!

2.) second, but not less important...
They can enjoy best forum support EVER !!!

3.) third, and I trully hope also important...
There is no other antivirus tool out there that can say this easy: "we have so many wonderful and good looking skins available and ready for our users"

That must be something...

M.Novak is wonderful guy who made so many "default" skins for avast! I know, his job is to make skins for avast! and his name is not offten in public, but I can not help myself not to mention that diligent guy. If somebody has problem with that, I'll repeat hundred times... ;D ;D ;D Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin, Martin... 'cause he deserves that. Martin, a way to go !!! Now, you guys also, have me...  ;D
I just hope I can keep up with your wishes and needs.

Cheers !

Datagg

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2004, 07:45:44 AM »
Just got home, man bro i meant absolutely so disespect from the words that were spoken. i was just merley trying to come up with a possible scenerio. i have thank all of you  here so much allready for your great work, told friends, family and even write reviews all over the net and in forums. And soon ill have links up on my web store.

Dont ever think that your not appreciated, all fo you guys, her on the forum etc.

Take care,
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 07:57:42 AM by Datagg »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2004, 02:41:20 PM »
No problem Datagg... everything is OK now. I was so angry, well... not so angry, but very, very sad when I wrote those words. I mean, we all are trying to make this antivirus even more attractive and "eye-catching". There were no any other hiden intention. As I said before, I know that there is million different users out there with different wishes and ideas how their avast! copy should look like on their desktop. I am aware that not all of them will like all of my (or Martin's) skins... and that's OK, million different souls, million different thoughts. My intention wasn't to force somebody to use that particular skin, but to have wonderful possibility to choose between all those in avast! skin download section. If somebody find all those skins ugly or too gamey, no problem... there is always option to use low-res skin made by Martin and also as you said, default one (Blue Panel). But, one thing must be clear to you... Blue Panel is just one among the others, skin that was made with same program SkinBuilder, exactly same procedure... just like all other skins.

No hard feelings, verbal fight is over, so we can concentrate on most important thing... and that is how to solve your problem guys. I think I'm already half way to find solution, but you must help me... you must test it, I don't have graphic card that gives me headach like the ones that produced some problems to you and Tipton. You are the best persons to test it...

I already did some changes to one of my skins yesterday (Laah-Ra). I replaced one big TGA file with BMP. That was the only skin made by me that contains TGA files with alpha channel (transparency). I knew that skin is possibly the only one made by me that makes you those problems. We'll see now. Martin likes a lot to use TGA's in his skins, and we'll have to talk to him too, so he can do something with his babies...

Keep me updated, please...

Regards !
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 05:47:53 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2004, 12:16:20 AM »
So... any improvement in performance guys ? Did you try "Laah-Ra TGA Free" skin and does your avast! still freezes ?

Cheers !

Tipton

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2004, 03:05:14 AM »
So... any improvement in performance guys ? Did you try "Laah-Ra TGA Free" skin and does your avast! still freezes ?

Cheers !

I just now got back to my PC! Spent all day at my sisters working on her PC. She had a virus, some spyware, bad tool bars, software programs that didn't work etc. Got her all fixed up! I will try and use the skin you sent as soon as possible!

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2004, 01:42:15 AM »
Ok, any news about your problem with avast! ?

Cheers !

Tipton

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2004, 02:53:53 AM »
Ok, any news about your problem with avast! ?

Cheers !

Well heres where I am at. The other day when we were chatting, I went back to the default skin. I have not had a freeze problem since, but thats not to say I won't. I have your skin down loaded, but I want to continue with this one for a bit longer first, to see what happens. I will let you know.  Thanks alot for the reply!

Douglas