Author Topic: Billed my Credit card...  (Read 2559 times)

Offline dstaron

Billed my Credit card...
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:46:22 AM »
So on February 22nd my credit card was charged for over $180.00. But I never got any emails say WHAT i was being charged for. I've tried like crazy to get a reply from avast. They sent back one email saying they stopped my auto renewals. But no help on what I was charged for. If they aren't gonna refund my $$ I should at least get to used what I paid for.
  I've decided that my only other choice was to dispute the charges through my credit card company.
It would be great if someone from the company would actually help.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Billed my Credit card...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:41:41 AM »
So on February 22nd my credit card was charged for over $180.00. But I never got any emails say WHAT i was being charged for. I've tried like crazy to get a reply from avast. They sent back one email saying they stopped my auto renewals. But no help on what I was charged for. If they aren't gonna refund my $$ I should at least get to used what I paid for.
  I've decided that my only other choice was to dispute the charges through my credit card company.
It would be great if someone from the company would actually help.

Hi,

Support replied to you yesterday stating that the charges were for Cleanup. However, in that email, you did not mention the $180 and the date on which the charge took place. It would seem that you are referring to a different order. I could not find any order under your email matching the charge for this year. If the charges are for Avast products then I would suggest that you contact us on the toll-free telephone number provided in that email or reply to the email. If you are aware of a different email address that could have been used for the orders, please send it to me via PM(private message) and I can look further into it.

Offline dstaron

Re: Billed my Credit card...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
I did receive the email. But the charges on my Credit card were 3 charges all on Feb. 22nd. for $74.71, $42.69 and $64.04.
Since I haven't received an email receipt for these charges.

I need to track it by by credit card?

I went to the Dri Avast site and see older charges there, but the newest charges.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:57:13 PM by Milos »