Author Topic: Mac mini M1 Avast core shield fail  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Vicki40

Mac mini M1 Avast core shield fail
« on: March 03, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »
I am going nuts... I have Avast premium/declutter and VPN and have used on MacBook Air with no issues, even when OS update to Big Sur. Have a new Mac mini with M1 chip and am trying to install. No one from Apple can help, no one from Avast can help and I am out of ideas. The VPN and Declutter software will install but as soon as I add premium it tells me that it cannot install the extensions for the core shields. I am connected via ethernet. I have authorised full disk access. And I have allowed the DNS configurations. But they just don't happen. What am I missing?

Offline jakub.bednar

• Avast team
Re: Mac mini M1 Avast core shield fail
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 10:57:42 AM »
Hello,

I am a bit confused about what is your issue. You are mentioning Core Shields, that are part of Avast Security product. You also mention VPN and Declutter (I suppose its Cleanup), and these don't have CoreShields.

Avast Security product is tested and should work natively on M1 chips. The latest version of Avast Security is 14.8 and you should have macOS on version 11.2. The first version that supported M1 fully was Avast Security 14.7. If you have any older version it will not work.
Avast Cleanup also has a native support for M1 chips. This SW does not have any extensions so should not have any issues with them.
Avast Secureline VPN requires Rosetta to run at this point.

Please try to install latest version from our web pages. If the issue persist, please open Avast Security menu, there is Help -> Technical Support -> Support Package. This will collect logs from the product that should help me investigate the issue. If you fill in your e-mail we can continue investigating the issue this way.

Best regards,

Jakub

Offline Vicki40

Re: Mac mini M1 Avast core shield fail
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
I have followed all of the steps, all versions are up to date. Everything downloads as normal and then the core shields turn red and it tells me that it won’t download the extensions (I assume proxy settings) even though I have allowed them. I am connected via an Ethernet cable and everything is working.