Author Topic: Billed my card without any email notification as promised  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Mudathir

Billed my card without any email notification as promised
« on: March 04, 2021, 10:45:08 AM »
Hi, I am trying to get a refund. I sent 2 emails..

When I access my subscriptions on the AVAST website, it shows there is no subscriptions but I got a charge on my bank statement for R399 from DRI*Avast.

I did not want to renew my subscription on the 24th of Feb 2021.

Please cancel and refund me my charges. If I cant access my subscription after you guys charged me and not transparent about emails. I do not want to be with this company.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Billed my card without any email notification as promised
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »
Hello,
on what email address did you send the refund requests? I suggest to contact support through https://support.avast.com/contact/sales_refund/sales/?c=true

Thanks,
Milos

Offline jol.horsman

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »
This has just happened to me.  I think I paid something like £20 for my initial subscription and without knowing it (Avast emails must go to spam) I have had £75 renewal taken out of my account.  I have cancelled my subscription next year but want to cancel this year and get my money back.  I think i might be a week or so over the 30 day money back.  ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.  I purposely haven't pressed the renewal button but the money has just been taken from my account.  How does it change from £20 to £75 - big rip off!!!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 01:11:17 PM »
This has just happened to me.  I think I paid something like £20 for my initial subscription and without knowing it (Avast emails must go to spam) I have had £75 renewal taken out of my account.  I have cancelled my subscription next year but want to cancel this year and get my money back.  I think i might be a week or so over the 30 day money back.  ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.  I purposely haven't pressed the renewal button but the money has just been taken from my account.  How does it change from £20 to £75 - big rip off!!!

Hi,

The price difference is because your initial purchase was at a discounted price with the subsequent automatic renewal subscription at the regular price. We sent the reminder notification to your email address on the 3rd of February 2021.

Offline jol.horsman

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 04:34:04 PM »
Yes, I wish I had cancelled the automatic renewal.  To me that is set up to catch people out.  I am only just over the 30 days and would like my money back or even half of it as a good will gesture please. That way I may use Avast again.  Failing that I'll go elsewhere.  As I say, it doesn't make sense from a customer service perspective - unhappy customers!!