Author Topic: How to unlink Windows device from subscription purchased via Google Play?  (Read 3875 times)

Offline thorhammer

I have purchased Avast SecureLine VPN subscription for 5 devices via Google Play. I have activated Avast SecureLine VPN subscription on 3 devices (2 Android and 1 Windows 10). Now I want to cancel subscription on Windows 10 device. But I have no any idea how to do this.

PS: In Avast FAQ, I have found info how to unlink Avast SecureLine VPN subscription from Android device and reactivate the subscription on another Android device. But I have not found any info how to unlink subscription from Windows device, if subscription purchased via Google Play.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi, just uninstall it from your Windows device.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline thorhammer

Thank you for advice!
I've already uninstalled Avast SecureLine VPN from my Windows PC, but in "Avast Account / My subscriptions" I still see a Windows device subscribed.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Thank you for advice!
I've already uninstalled Avast SecureLine VPN from my Windows PC, but in "Avast Account / My subscriptions" I still see a Windows device subscribed.

Your subscription is still valid and will appear in your avast account, should you be able to reassign that to another windows device if required.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline thorhammer

I want to use my subscription for Android devices only in future. Will try later whether I'll be able to use it for 5 Android devices.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I want to use my subscription for Android devices only in future. Will try later whether I'll be able to use it for 5 Android devices.

I don't know exactly which product that you purchased via Google Play, but if it is for 5 devices I wouldn't have thought it would break that down to x number of android and x number of windows installations,  but just 5 devices.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline thorhammer

I've purchased Avast SecureLine VPN (subscription for 5 devices) via Google Play.
Initially I've used it on 2 Android devices.
Then I'v installed it to one Windows 10 device.
Now I want to remove subscription from Windows 10 device and I have uninstalled it, but at "My subscription" still been shown 2 Android and 1 Windows devices.
Today I checked "My subscription" and found that there listed already 2 Windows devices and I have no idea why.
Please find attached screenshot.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
As an Avast user who hasn't used the Avast SecureLine VPN product I'm not aware of how the subscription structure works.  More so when the purchase was via Google Play and how you would be able to link it to a windows device and not Android only.

However, looking at your image, I don't believe it is very clear as it is referring to what devices your subscription has been used with in the 'last 30 days.' There is nothing to identify exactly what those devices were.

You could try the following for clarification.
Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.

Give as much information as you can for them to identify, that said because this is for google play, I don't know how this would be referenced.