Author Topic: Avast Using Port 80 and Can't Be Turned Off  (Read 1272 times)

Offline PersonallyAvasted

Avast Using Port 80 and Can't Be Turned Off
« on: March 08, 2021, 03:40:53 AM »
I have XAMPP installed on my computer and it needs to run Apache web server on port 80, but all of a sudden I see Avastsvc.exe using that port. I have tried to disable Avast but it just will not turn off. I right clicked on the Avast logo in the little menu on the bottom right of my desktop and see no option to turn it off, if I click on the option for the Avast UI all I get is a prompt to try a free trial followed by instructions to setup payment. Then I opened my task manager, clicked on every process linked to Avast, and selected end process, but none of the processes ended. Then I tried to disable the Avast service under the services tab by right clicking and selecting stop, but was given an error saying "the operation could not be completed" with "access denied" listed below.

Due to the above problem I had to uninstall Avast completely to unblock port 80. I would like to try Avast in the future, but if I can't stop it from blocking port 80 that is a deal breaker for me. Right now my antivirus protection is limited to just Malwarebytes Premium and whatever default features Windows has to offer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:43:56 AM by PersonallyAvasted »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Using Port 80 and Can't Be Turned Off
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 07:46:52 AM »
Right now my antivirus protection is limited to just Malwarebytes Premium and whatever default features Windows has to offer.
That is not a limitation