Author Topic: Moving Files from the Avast vault  (Read 9290 times)

Offline HeyRicardo

Moving Files from the Avast vault
« on: March 09, 2021, 01:48:59 AM »
How do I move or copy a downloaded file from avast vault to elsewhere? It seems impossible

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Moving Files from the Avast vault
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »
I have  to say I'm a little confused as to exactly what the problem is.

You say you have downloaded a file and it seems impossible to move or find.
1.  Downloaded files would be scanned by the Web Shield first and foremost.
2.  If found/considered to be malicious then avast would have abandoned the download. 
So it wouldn't have been sent to the avast Virus Chest. 
But I don't know if that would be applicable for the
Avast Secure Browser for Android

EDIT: <snip>
Sorry, incorrect info based on avast for windows, not Avast Secure Browser for Android.

So what have you tried ?

Why is it that you are trying to retrieve it ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:16:08 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline NikkyoO

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 01:56:49 AM »
How do I move or copy a downloaded file from avast vault to elsewhere? It seems impossible

Hi Ricardo! Whenever you download files they are stored in the Media Vault but you have the option to decrypt them and share them with apps or your device.

1. Tap the Avast Secure Browser icon at the bottom of the screen.

2. Select Settings (the gear icon) ▸ Media Vault.

3. Ensure the Avast Vault tab is selected, and tap the file type you want to decrypt.

4. Touch and hold the files you want to decrypt, tap ⋮ More options, and decrypt using one of the following options:

Decrypt and share: Select an app to share the file with.
Decrypt to: Select a folder on your device where the decrypted file will be stored.

We hope this is helpful! If you need further assistance let me know. Have a great day!  ;D

Offline lico9one82

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 06:53:50 PM »

Hi Ricardo! Whenever you download files they are stored in the Media Vault but you have the option to decrypt them and share them with apps or your device.

1. Tap the Avast Secure Browser icon at the bottom of the screen.

2. Select Settings (the gear icon) ▸ Media Vault.

3. Ensure the Avast Vault tab is selected, and tap the file type you want to decrypt.

4. Touch and hold the files you want to decrypt, tap ⋮ More options, and decrypt using one of the following options:

Decrypt and share: Select an app to share the file with.
Decrypt to: Select a folder on your device where the decrypted file will be stored.

We hope this is helpful! If you need further assistance let me know. Have a great day!  ;D

I just wanted to point out that it would be great if file encryption could be turned off, and that normal file opening behaviour was possible. There are some websites like legitimate banking sites that want pdf file statements to open within a PDF reader app, i've found in my ASB version, when some PDF's are saved and encrypted they are left corrupted when decrypted and just error when trying to be opened.