Author Topic: false positive STILL being detected  (Read 1885 times)

philly12

false positive STILL being detected
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:39:14 AM »
Hello, I have already made a post about avast! seemingly detecting a false positive from the file asrupdate.exe which is the update file for Evonsoft's product Advanced Spyware Remover.  Avast! says it contains Win32:VB-BIS [Trj] , but Evonsoft's products are famous for being good and a lot of people use their "Advanced Windowscare". 

I have already posted about this before, and have even sent a zipped version (yes i took it out of the chest first) of the file to virus@avast.com , but for over a week and after at least three updates, Avast! still detects this file.

I realize that i can put it on an exclusion list, but I would appreciate it if Avast! would fix this false positive.  I dont know what else I can do.  I posted before about it and sent in the file to avast.  Any advice would be appreciated.  You can view the site where i downloaded this program from at
http://www.evonsoft.com/Download.htm     
Avast! does not detect any trojans while downloading the file, only when installing the program.  The on access scanner will detect asrupdate.exe and say it has VB-BIS [Trj] when you try to install it. 
I believe this is a false positive and would like to know if it actually is or not.  Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: false positive STILL being detected
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »
A lot of antiviruses detect this file... so I'm not sure if it's a false positive.