Author Topic: Problem With Outpost Firewall  (Read 2038 times)

legendkiller

Problem With Outpost Firewall
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:53:47 AM »
Hi,
    I am using the lastest version of Avast Home Edition.Yesterday in decided to install outpost and during installation i got a warning saying that outpost has some conflict with it and will add it to its "Exclusion List",to which i said ok.

But after reboot,i found that avast was not working and it showed a "cross" on avast taskbar icon,similar to the one which appears when you disable "On-Access Protection"..

The problem solved when i un-installed Outpost 4.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem With Outpost Firewall
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:50:24 AM »
I got a warning saying that outpost has some conflict with it and will add it to its "Exclusion List", to which i said ok.
I don't think Outpost firewall will conflict with avast, even installing the antispyware module (which I think is poor on detection).
Which Exclusion list did you set Outpost? Avast Exclusion list?

But after reboot,i found that avast was not working and it showed a "cross" on avast taskbar icon,similar to the one which appears when you disable "On-Access Protection"...
Well... seems there is a conflict...

I hope David could help you here soon...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problem With Outpost Firewall
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:25:34 PM »
I have had no conflict with Outpost Pro v4.0. However, when I reinstalled the latest version (bug fixes) over the top of the existing one (after disabling the self protection) I too got the possible conflict issue and ticked the box as you did and rebooted to complete the installation and no problems. This conflict/compatibility check was only introduced with the latest update to OP Pro 4.0.971.7030 (584)

In my previous 4.0 the only plug-ins I use are the DNS cache and the Attack detection, the others especially the anti-spyware and Attachment Quarantine are stopped/disabled.

Obviously I had an existing installation of OP Pro 4.0 and even though I said to use my existing configuration the install over the top enabled all plug-ins which after reboot I disabled. But, at no point did I get any red circle and bar in the avast icon.

All I can suggest is you try the installation again and fully read the question about the conflict/compatibility before you check or uncheck the avast entry. Sorry I can't recall the exact wording of the question or if I checked or unchecked the option, so I can't say for sure.

Before you reboot try to Stop the anti-spyware plug-in (possibly you won't be able to), if that still causes the red circle in avast, try to stop the OP anti-spyware plug-in again and reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security