Author Topic: Bring back Avast's comprehensive on-demand scanner and buttons!  (Read 596 times)

Offline ksalame23

• Avast Free Antivirus needs improvement!
Avast Antivirus used to display detailed information during an on-demand scan, such as the amount of data tested, scanning speed, and time elapsed, etc. You need to add a "clear log" button so users can delete the scan logs when they don't need them. Here is a YouTube video demonstrating the comprehensive on-demand scanner that Avast Free Antivirus used to have. youtu.be/2vBrfjNbQxs Please bring back Avast's comprehensive on-demand scanner and add a "clear log" button in the scan log viewer. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:15:31 AM by ksalame23 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Bring back Avast's comprehensive user interface
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 12:24:34 AM »
With a resident (on-access) scanner the need for on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part dormant/inert files are being scanned, the other active files are going to be scanned by the resident shields when they are activated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ksalame23

• Avast Free Antivirus needs improvement!
Re: Bring back Avast's comprehensive on-demand scanner and buttons!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 02:41:28 AM »
I really wish they would bring back Avast's comprehensive on-demand scanner. I used to have fun scanning external storage devices with Avast because it displayed the scanning speed, number of files and directories scanned, amount of data (bytes) scanned, etc. Avast's on-demand scanner detected the Win32/Conficker worm on my USB flash drive 2 times.