Author Topic: New browser version 89.0  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Jana Ernekerová

• Avast team
New browser version 89.0
« on: March 11, 2021, 05:48:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version  89.0. This version will be rolled out to all our customers over the next few days/weeks.

Changes
  • Many accessibility improvements: it’s incredibly important to ensure that our browser can be used by everyone and anyone. 
  • NEW Made it easier to find the setting to turn on the full URL option. It can be found in the settings menu, before it was more hidden and required you to right click the omnibox.
  • NEW Extensions are now easily accessible in the main 3-dots menu on the top right side of the browser - before extensions were only accessible under the “More Tools”.

Fixes
  • Improved the overall stability of the Browser
  • Improved speed and stability of Avast Sync
  • Other Chromium 89 fixes
  • Minor design improvements and fixes
  • Fix of displaying the Browser after PC restart
  • Fix of playing video on Facebook feed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this latest version
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)
Alternatively, you can download and install ASB from our official site

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platform and with new Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:53:51 PM by Jana Ernekerová »

Offline zmiq86

Re: New browser version 89.0
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:33:55 PM »
Great :) Can't wait to have the Facebook video fix!

Offline urbanec.petr

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »
Still do not have it

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 05:00:32 PM »
Still do not have it

This version will be rolled out to all our customers over the next few days/weeks.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Luukjr

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 09:57:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version  89.0. This version will be rolled out to all our customers over the next few days/weeks.

Changes
  • Many accessibility improvements: it’s incredibly important to ensure that our browser can be used by everyone and anyone. 
  • NEW Made it easier to find the setting to turn on the full URL option. It can be found in the settings menu, before it was more hidden and required you to right click the omnibox.
  • NEW Extensions are now easily accessible in the main 3-dots menu on the top right side of the browser - before extensions were only accessible under the “More Tools”.

Fixes
  • Improved the overall stability of the Browser
  • Improved speed and stability of Avast Sync
  • Other Chromium 89 fixes
  • Minor design improvements and fixes
  • Fix of displaying the Browser after PC restart
  • Fix of playing video on Facebook feed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this latest version
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)
Alternatively, you can download and install ASB from our official site

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platform and with new Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store.

I noticed that the bank mode in version 89 of the Secure browser can no longer be reached via the Safety and Privacy Center. Why?

Problem solved! After closing the Securebrowser and a restart the bank browser appeared in the Safety and Privacy Center.
Have a good day and stay safe :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:06:31 PM by Luukjr »
Soft: Avast Premium Security  / Avast Cleanup / Malwarebytes Premium

Offline Luukjr

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »
This version has 2 bugs, the bank browser does not appear in the Privacy and Security Center and
Ad Block does not work despite the fact that both are enabled.
I hope this will soon be fixed.

Offline dave381

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 11:00:26 AM »
I have the new version installed, is that why Youtube ads are no longer blocked by the adblock feature?
It is very frustrating since they now seem to run ads every few minutes through videos and I hate ads!!

Please tell me there will be an update to the adblock system t deal with this!!!!!!!! :/

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 11:12:08 AM »
I have the new version installed, is that why Youtube ads are no longer blocked by the adblock feature?
It is very frustrating since they now seem to run ads every few minutes through videos and I hate ads!!

Please tell me there will be an update to the adblock system t deal with this!!!!!!!! :/
Hi, is Adblock set to strict mode..!?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline terrell_7

New browser version 89.0? Bank Mode but without 'Advanced setting'?
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »
Hi,

I've a windows 10 machine, with Avast Free Antivirus and I'm using the Avast Secure Browser and it worked fine. Except when I also installed this on another windows 10 machine (I installed Avast Secure Browser, with Avast Secure Browser already there), I found that Bank Mode was installed but did not have the 'Advanced setting' link AND it worked on my old machine for a few weeks and then it's not there! So  both of my two machine don't have 'Advanced settings'. On my first machine if I go to 'secure://extensions/' and select 'Avast Bank Mode 1.3.0.37' the 'Details' section 'Extension options' then I can see all my original bank URL's.

Also, when I select 'Security & Privacy Center' there is no Bank Mode - sometimes.......?

Avast Secure Browser is version 89.0.8688.91 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Avast Free Antivirus is version 21.1.2449 (build 21.1.5968.646), so up to date. I installed v89.0 within the last week (ie after I had installed it on my first machine, when I was selecting the 'Advanced settings' and it worked fine), so my 'fault' could be to do with v89.0?

Any clues?

Thanks

Offline stephen.georgiou

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »
Can confirm Ad Block not working with this new version.

Yes it's set to strict. I turned it off and on again, changed settings but nothing.

Most frustrating please fix asap.

Offline Adila43

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »
The ad block has also stopped working, please fix asap

Offline Olga Fomicheva

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 12:33:07 PM »
Hello and thank you for reporting the issues.

In order to investigate your cases, I will need more information from you. Could you please provide us with more details - what's exactly didn't work (any details of unexpected behavior, screenshots are highly appreciated? Also, please attach the Diagnostic Information (You can find it Settings => About Avast Secure Browser => Diagnostic Information or by the link secure://settings/diagnosticInfo).
Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Olga.

Offline Luukjr

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 04:57:48 PM »
Hello and thank you for reporting the issues.

In order to investigate your cases, I will need more information from you. Could you please provide us with more details - what's exactly didn't work (any details of unexpected behavior, screenshots are highly appreciated? Also, please attach the Diagnostic Information (You can find it Settings => About Avast Secure Browser => Diagnostic Information or by the link secure://settings/diagnosticInfo).
Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Olga.

Hi Olga.

Bank mode did not appear in the Privacy and Security Center, that problem seems to be solved.
With regard to Adblock, see https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=256094.0

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 01:30:23 AM »
The Adblock issue: refer to https://support.avast.com/en-au/article/29/#idt_3994 Open the Security and Priviacy Centre/Adblock/Settings and set it to Essential and it should work as it used to.

Bank mode issue: Two options:
1. Right click on the Avast icon in the System Tray and select Run Bank Mode, If you don't have an Avast icon in your system tray try:
2. On the file menu (the three dots top right hand side of your browser) and select Extensions. Next select Avast Bank Mode/Details/Extension options (at the foot of the options list). Click Open.

The second option is somewhat circuitous but gets you there in the end. These actions will only open Bank Mode they won't add it to the Privacy and Security Centre.