Author Topic: Threat Secured  (Read 2433 times)

Offline mcovell58

Threat Secured
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:50:48 PM »
When I do a Google search in Chrome, I get a popup from Avast with the warning,
"Threat Secured: We've safely aborted connection on dorryhigh.com because it was infected with OTher:Malware-gen [TrJ]"

Is this an error of Avast's?  Or do I have a problem with my browser?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Threat Secured
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 11:48:45 PM »
Rather depends on what you are searching for, but you don't say.
If it impacts on all/multiple search criteria, that could mean your searches are getting redirected.

Have you recently added a new browser extension or updated some ?

However, searches on that domain returns many hits about malware, etc.
So I rather doubt it is a problem with avast.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Atari_2600

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 08:21:49 PM »
I actually was getting the same issue - I caught it trying to call out in the chrome dev tools window - caught the initiator to some JS code from my audio plugin that I had used before. Removed the extension.

If that's not it then it's most likely an extension calling out to it - you'll have to catch it in the dev tools and see which module it's being called from to try to determine which one it is.

Offline J1232

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 09:28:16 PM »
I actually was getting the same issue - I caught it trying to call out in the chrome dev tools window - caught the initiator to some JS code from my audio plugin that I had used before. Removed the extension.

If that's not it then it's most likely an extension calling out to it - you'll have to catch it in the dev tools and see which module it's being called from to try to determine which one it is.

Thanks, that fixed it for me!