Author Topic: Avast Password Manager Not Working as it should  (Read 5232 times)

Offline AliA88

Avast Password Manager Not Working as it should
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:30:51 AM »
Hi guys I have been a long time avast user, i use to be pretty active on this community. I have come across a bug in the avast password manager in the avast free version of the antivirus. When i click on settings and then the option appears for Master Password selecting the options to "Lock Avast Passwords after closing the app" and "lock Avast passwords after closing your browser does not work", i use the latest firefox version and have avast and windows fully updated. Even re installed and repaired Avast, this seems like a issue at avasts end can you please look into this, avast passwords main function is awesome and i love it, i would also love if these features worked

Offline sdavis727

Re: Avast Password Manager Not Working as it should
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:21:07 PM »
I have encountered the same problem, and I have the latest version of Firefox installed.  Avast just updated it a few days ago, and again today?  Need my Avast password manager to start working.  Is there something connected to the free version not being allowed anymore, but Avast says that previous users should still be allowed? :-[

Offline AliA88

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »
So i guess no one from avast is going to look into this? Daaam there was a point where a avast admin or offical would actually get in touch and state if something is going to be done now its just ignored, I love avast I still defend it to this day but ur support has dropped. I hope u can improve this to how it once was.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 03:54:17 PM »
Hi guys I have been a long time avast user, i use to be pretty active on this community. I have come across a bug in the avast password manager in the avast free version of the antivirus. When i click on settings and then the option appears for Master Password selecting the options to "Lock Avast Passwords after closing the app" and "lock Avast passwords after closing your browser does not work", i use the latest firefox version and have avast and windows fully updated. Even re installed and repaired Avast, this seems like a issue at avasts end can you please look into this, avast passwords main function is awesome and i love it, i would also love if these features worked

Hi,

Could you please try the following?
1. Untick all three options > close settings > Restart your device
2. Go back to settings > select all three options again and please test if all three are now working again.