Author Topic: Fixing (C): on start-up, Automatic Repair failure  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Xenyth

Fixing (C): on start-up, Automatic Repair failure
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:58:59 PM »
I purchased Avast cleanup premium, ran it and everything was good. Cleaned up system/junk etc etc. Wasn't really having issues with my daily usage of Windows before this either. This was just to prevent build-up of any potential future issues. Little did I know, Avast would brick my PC lol.

The final Avast recommended check was, 2 of my drives hadn't been scanned, one of which was C. So I ran that, it found 2 errors.
Asked me to restart my PC (Windows gave me a notification to say the same thing too, error found with drive C after the Avast fix completed).

Restarted PC, and now I have the following:
  • Fixing C, Stage 1 and 2 both go to 100% completion. Restarts.
  • Automatic Repair starts, fails, goes into Blue Screen message "Your PC did not start correctly" and repair/troubleshoot options

I've tried Windows Start-up Repair,
Cmd prompt: chkdsk /f /r c:, sfc, bcd repair (although one of the bootrec /fixmbr didn't work due to 'Access Denied').
Couldn't repair registry files via cmd as no reg backup in /regback folder
Unfortunately no system repair point.

What the heck do I do???

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Fixing (C): on start-up, Automatic Repair failure
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »
I purchased Avast cleanup premium, ran it and everything was good. Cleaned up system/junk etc etc. Wasn't really having issues with my daily usage of Windows before this either. This was just to prevent build-up of any potential future issues. Little did I know, Avast would brick my PC lol.

The final Avast recommended check was, 2 of my drives hadn't been scanned, one of which was C. So I ran that, it found 2 errors.
Asked me to restart my PC (Windows gave me a notification to say the same thing too, error found with drive C after the Avast fix completed).

Restarted PC, and now I have the following:
  • Fixing C, Stage 1 and 2 both go to 100% completion. Restarts.
  • Automatic Repair starts, fails, goes into Blue Screen message "Your PC did not start correctly" and repair/troubleshoot options

I've tried Windows Start-up Repair,
Cmd prompt: chkdsk /f /r c:, sfc, bcd repair (although one of the bootrec /fixmbr didn't work due to 'Access Denied').
Couldn't repair registry files via cmd as no reg backup in /regback folder
Unfortunately no system repair point.

What the heck do I do???

Hi,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

This is quite an unfortunate situation as we are not able to even remotely connect to your PC to resolve the issue since you are not able to boot to Windows.
However we tried to look for potential solution and if you already tried to fix it via command line we found that combination of these two commands might help you to resolve it:
bootrec /RebuildBCD
bootrec /FixBoot

Please try them and let us know whether it worked or which results you get.

Thank you.