Author Topic: Multiple installations in home network  (Read 2013 times)

undac0va

Multiple installations in home network
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:54:53 AM »
Hey..

I have a home network consisting of 2 computers, sharing broadband internet via router, and some shared files, used by members of my family, i.e son, wife etc.. all in the same household. Can I install and use Free Avast Home Edition on each computer using the same Free Avast Home Registration key or do I need to obtain a different Free Avast Home Registration  for each computer?  Also, if I were to add more computers to the home network in the future, would I be able to install and use Free Avast Home Edition on each computer added to the home network?  Each computer is for home and non-commercial use.

I apologise if this question has already been answered in the forum, but I could not find an answer to the question for my situation.

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Multiple installations in home network
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »
Providing you qualify for personal home, non-commercial use then the same registration key can be used for all those qualifying systems existing or future (provided of course there are no changes to the avast home conditions of use).

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
avast! 4 Home Edition is a full-featured antivirus package designed exclusively for home users and non-commercial use. Both of these conditions should be met! Our company offers the Home Edition free of charge, since, in our
opinion, it is possible to avoid global virus spreading by efficient prevention; however, many users are not able to or do not want to pay for antivirus software. This page will show you the most important features of this program.

Institutions (even non-commercial ones) are not allowed to use avast! Home Edition. However, ALWIL Software provides the full line of avast! antivirus products at special discount prices for non-profit, charity, educational and government institutions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

undac0va

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:39:33 PM »
DavidR,

Thanks for your response!  My computers are for personal home use, not commercial at all! I just wasnt sure if Avast Free could be used in a home network, but it seems you have answered my question, so I shall go ahead and use Avast on my home network!

Thanks for your time.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
Glad I could help, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security