Author Topic: Windows xp prfessional  (Read 13776 times)

clueless23

Re: Windows xp prfessional
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 09:37:53 PM »
so i can't get home sp2 installed in my computer ???

clueless23

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »
are these windows fine

Windows XP Professional with SP1

here is the site

http://www.viosoftware.com/Windows+XP+Professional/Windows+XP+Professional+with+SP1.html?osCsid=4e5278d1f97155b24ba552b52e36bb47

it seems goo enough to me

Offline sergofun

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Hello, world>_
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 10:11:46 PM »
Windows XP Pro with SP2 much more better.
If you'll install XP SP1, you see you need to install SP2 (and, if you want to be in safe, other updates after SP2 so).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:49:35 PM by sergofun »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 11:07:42 PM »
so i can't get home sp2 installed in my computer ???

That isn't what we are saying, but to do so I would recommend that you format the C:\ drive before putting the xp home CD into the tray and booting (this has to be done outside windows as you can't format the drive it is on whilst it is running). You would have to ensure the BIOS has the CD drive in the boot sequence.

For those reasons and if you don't have any experience of installing the OPS on a clean formatted drive were the reasons I suggested you get some help.

You would be better of with XP Pro as the Home version wil lose support in about 18 months now Vista is out, but the Pro version has a much longer support life cycle. Not to mention you would probably notice differences between Pro and Home.

I would have thought that would have SP2 versions and looking, they do, but they want $249 for the Full retail version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

clueless23

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 12:24:57 AM »
i know windows pro sp2 is way better tehan xp pro sp1 but i just wants genuine windows rite now ;D then later i could get them cause they coat a lot like $246 o close to that :-\

clueless23

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 12:55:10 AM »
ok i am relly confused i am not so well with computer i just know the basics what do u mean format the c disk drive can u simplify that in esier terms that i could undestand ??? i am really confused so what do i simply have to do so i could install windows xp hom edition sp2

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 01:29:21 AM »
I could install windows xp hom edition sp2
Here in forums we can only guide you IF you have a legal, legit, Windows CD for install.
Sorry (or not), no piracy in avast forums  :)
The best things in life are free.

clueless23

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 01:49:38 AM »
ok but what my big question si can i install windows xp home edition service pack 2 over windows xp pro service pack 1 but these current pro windows are fake so that is why i am going to update it to home edition service pack 2 if i can of course :'(

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 02:13:41 AM »
It isn't something that can be easily explained in simple terms, it requires some experience of DOS commands, working with the BIOS, it isn't a simple task to format a partition outside of windows.

You have to boot into DOS mode and format the c: drive using the dos command format C:. You may not be able to do that directly and may have to have a bootable floppy disk with some basic dos commands on it like the format command. You would also need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the floppy drive is the first in order.

In doing this you lose ALL data on that drive, so that is why I suggested you get help. I don't feel comfortable giving instructions to do this as I don't feel you are experienced enough to undertake this on your own, sorry.

@ Tech clueless23 is trying to recover from a fake version and needs to install a legit version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 02:35:29 AM »
@ Tech clueless23 is trying to recover from a fake version and needs to install a legit version.

ok but what my big question si can i install windows xp home edition service pack 2 over windows xp pro service pack 1 but these current pro windows are fake so that is why i am going to update it to home edition service pack 2 if i can of course :'(

Now I got it... you can install a legit SP2 over a fake SP1 and update it.

clueless23

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 03:13:25 AM »
OK cause i am getting windows home edition sp2 soon i really don't care if all my data on my computer is lost because i can download it again  ::) so that is the least all i really want to know and care about is that when i purchase windows xp home edition sp2 that it installs and i would be able to do updates and stuff from Microsoft as long as i have windows xp that are genuine i am fine!!!!!!!!! because let me tell u it stinks having fake windows i regret handing my computer to the man i learned a big lesson lol ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 03:19:11 AM »
I really don't care if all my data on my computer is lost because i can download it again  ::)
So, in this case, better use the CD, format your HDD before installing and do it for scratch with the SP2  8)

Offline sergofun

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Hello, world>_
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 03:40:08 AM »
clueless23, when you boot from CD with Win XP distrib, you'll have a several choices. Windows installer will suggest you:
1. Install new copy.
2. Restore old copy.
(may be something else - it differs and depends of  Win XP distrib).
When you choose "install new copy", Windows installer will ask you about erase all your data - if you'll choose it, installer will format your HDD (or partition - depends of your choice).

CharleyO

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 08:05:48 AM »

clueless23,

Where are you from? Here in the USA, I've seen XP Home SP2 for less than $100 on sale and just a little more than that when not on sale.

clueless23

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »
it depends what you saw if was the OME then i saw it about that price too but i want to buy the full retail version 8) just in case something happens to my windows i can easily reinstall it. :P