Author Topic: SUPER AntiSpyware - links to a trojan?  (Read 3790 times)

stevejrc

SUPER AntiSpyware - links to a trojan?
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:31:55 AM »
When I clicked on "find out whats running on your computer" link in SUPER AntiSpyware, avast webshield picked up this during activex install: 

Sign of "Win32:QQpass-FV [Trj]" has been found in "http://www.superadblocker.com/sab_processlistfrc.php?request=GETPROCESSLISTZIP\PROCESSLIST.DB" file. 

Is it a fp? (assuming SUPER AntiSpyware is safe)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: SUPER AntiSpyware - links to a trojan?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 01:27:52 PM »
Strange... Dr. Wed does not find that link  ::)
The best things in life are free.

mauserme

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »
Is it a fp? (assuming SUPER AntiSpyware is safe)
FP or not the alert is there and the user reviews of Super Adblocker at Download.Com are not positive

http://www.download.com/Super-Ad-Blocker/3640-7786_4-10605900.html?sb=3&v=1

Although I use Super Antispyware I haven't used it long enough to give it my unwavering trust.  So I blocked the download and removed SABScanProcesses Class from my IE Add Ons in the ActiveX section of Spybot S&D's tools.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:47:44 PM by mauserme »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 07:28:41 PM »
Mauserme, Super Ad Blocker 4.2.1012 is NOT SUPER AntiSpyware  ??? ::) ???
The best things in life are free.

mauserme

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »
Mauserme, Super Ad Blocker 4.2.1012 is NOT SUPER AntiSpyware  ??? ::) ???
But Super Ad Blocker (or something from their site) tries to download with the SuperAntispyware tool stevejrc posted.  That's what causes the avast! alert.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »
 :)  Hi all :

Been using the FREE ver of SUPERantispyware for about 6 months; when one clicks on the
    "Find out what's running on your computer!" link on the lower right-hand corner of its GUI,
     it goes to a "fileresearchcenter.com" site, that is "associated" with the program. It is here where
     you would run the "check" by downloading "Super Ad Blocker". I read the info here and it says
     quite clearly "Do you want to install and run 'www.superadblocker.com/activex/sabspx.cab' " .
     Since I keep ActiveX downloads to a bare minimum, I decided against going any further, especially
     when I feel HijackThis would provide the same info .
     Any questions about this most likely would be answered on the SUPERantispyware Support
     Forums at http://forums.superantispyware.com . I have posted a couple of questions there
     and got prompt and informative answers.