Author Topic: Win XP security center cannot see Avast :(  (Read 12870 times)

stonekey

Re: Win XP security center cannot see Avast :(
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 09:46:17 PM »
ok thank you all for your reply...

i followed the steps suggested by Tech and i still have the problem, i tried also to re-delete the repository subfolder (and reboot) and it didn't solve my issue... i cleaned my pc using CClean and atfcleaner and then i launched many anti-rootkits (blbeta, rootkitrevealer, combofix, gmer) and they founded nothing... i tried also to scan my pc using traditional anti-virus but AD aware SE, spybot and avast found my PC completely clean...

i dunno what to do now... do you still suggest me to open a post in "sysinternals"?

thanks again
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:48:33 PM by stonekey »

Spiritsongs

RootkitRevealer
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 09:53:27 PM »
 :)  Hi Stone :

Did you follow my advise ? If yes, did RootkitRevealer find the same 5 Items ? If yes to both
    of these questions, post a log on their forums as I suggested .

P.S. By the way, what antiSPYWARE/antiTROJAN program(s) do you have on your machine ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:57:06 PM by Spiritsongs »

stonekey

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 10:15:20 PM »
hello and ty again Spirit:

yes i followed your advise, i cleared all my temp files using cclean and atfcleaner (they are the 2 temp-cleaner i installed on my PC) when i cleaned it, i re-launched all these anti-rootkits/spyware/virus (while my PC was doing nothing at all) that found nothing (PC clean i think):

-BlackLightbeta
-rootkitrevealer
-combofix
-gmer
-Adaware SE
-spybot search&destroy 1.4
-avast
-Panda online antivirus (just now)

in my machine i have all these programs installed but the only real-time AV is avast.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:17:09 PM by stonekey »

stonekey

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 06:32:11 PM »
I'm trying to investigate into My PC with the help of Security-Forums.com experts (I want to make me sure not to have a rootkit)

thanks again for your time...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:50:21 PM by stonekey »