Author Topic: Quick Access links disappear daily  (Read 2308 times)

Offline anna s

Quick Access links disappear daily
« on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
Hi, I run a cleanup with Avast yesterday and it removed all pinned items from Quick Access in MS File Explorer (except the default ones). It didn't worry me too much, I just re-pinned all the items. But, today morning I started the computer and couldn't see the items. Now, I am seriously worried that I will have to re-pin everything daily.
How can I prevent it?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Quick Access links disappear daily
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:31:46 PM »
Hi, I run a cleanup with Avast yesterday and it removed all pinned items from Quick Access in MS File Explorer (except the default ones). It didn't worry me too much, I just re-pinned all the items. But, today morning I started the computer and couldn't see the items. Now, I am seriously worried that I will have to re-pin everything daily.
How can I prevent it?

Hi,

I would suggest that you have a look at the Windows history files in Cleanup and perhaps "Ignore" the files/folders.
Please also view https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=255501.0

Offline anna s

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
Thank you, r@vast, but pinned folders are not the same as recently visited folders. Your advice is not relevant to my issue.
Today, I went to Rescue Center in Avast Cleanup and clicked 'Undo' next to 'Broken shortcut'. To my surprise, the quick access folders re-appeared. But, unfortunately, disappeared when I re-started the computer. Subsequently, I uninstalled Avast Cleanup, added folders to Quick Access, restarted the computer and the folder are still there.
So, no Avast Cleanup for me. Pity, because I like the program.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 04:30:23 PM »
Thank you, r@vast, but pinned folders are not the same as recently visited folders. Your advice is not relevant to my issue.
Today, I went to Rescue Center in Avast Cleanup and clicked 'Undo' next to 'Broken shortcut'. To my surprise, the quick access folders re-appeared. But, unfortunately, disappeared when I re-started the computer. Subsequently, I uninstalled Avast Cleanup, added folders to Quick Access, restarted the computer and the folder are still there.
So, no Avast Cleanup for me. Pity, because I like the program.

Hi,

we already have a fix for this bug and it will be released in the next version which will come out probably in a month.
However if you do not want to wait, please contact our Support https://support.avast.com/contact/ and we could try to arrange a remote session to fix it directly on your PC.

Thank you and have a nice day.