Author Topic: Cleanup removes my pinned icons?  (Read 3616 times)

Offline finnc

Cleanup removes my pinned icons?
« on: March 18, 2021, 03:57:33 PM »
Don't think it has always been like this, but NOW every time I run my Cleanup Premium all my pinned icons/shortcuts are removed!

How do I stop this from happening?
It is very annoying that I constantly have to re-create my pinned shortcuts in my Windows..... I want this to STOP!
Even if it means I have to uninstall the Cleanup -- I spent more time recrating my pinned shotcust, on what potential extra speed Cleanup gives my PC

This is really important for me to get fixed!
a
I hope you can help with a solution. If there is none, then Cleanup Premium is gone from my PC!

PS: Your "image" for verification is NOT EASY to read!!! Almost impossible!!!

Thanks
Finn

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Cleanup removes my pinned icons?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 05:05:37 PM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:30:18 PM »
Don't think it has always been like this, but NOW every time I run my Cleanup Premium all my pinned icons/shortcuts are removed!

How do I stop this from happening?
It is very annoying that I constantly have to re-create my pinned shortcuts in my Windows..... I want this to STOP!
Even if it means I have to uninstall the Cleanup -- I spent more time recrating my pinned shotcust, on what potential extra speed Cleanup gives my PC

This is really important for me to get fixed!
a
I hope you can help with a solution. If there is none, then Cleanup Premium is gone from my PC!

Thanks
Finn

Hello,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

This is defintely not the intended behavior and we would like to fix that.
In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline finnc

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 07:32:28 PM »
Log should be sent now from the program

Email address used is: finnc@webhuset.dk

Thanks
Finn

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »
Log should be sent now from the program

Email address used is: finnc@webhuset.dk

Thanks
Finn

Thank you for prompt reply, we will take a look at it and get back to you with results.

Offline finnc

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:57:03 PM »
Any news on this issue?
I dont want to use and run the software until this problem is resolved, so I hope can find a fix for it soon?

Thanks
Finn

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:31:29 AM »
Any news on this issue?
I dont want to use and run the software until this problem is resolved, so I hope can find a fix for it soon?

Thanks
Finn

Hi,

sorry for the delay, it got a bit longer until our developer had time to look closer to this problem.
However even with the logs we are not sure which icons and from where got deleted from your PC so I would like to ask you whether you could explain a bit where you have these icons and where they pointed to? If you could provide us with a screenshot, exact paths to the icons (folder structure) or anything which would help us to see what was unintentionally deleted, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline anna s

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »
I reported exactly the same problem a few days ago but got a completely different (completely useless) reply, lol.
I have just uninstalled Cleanup because pinning folders every day drove me mad. Pity, such a good program otherwise.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
I reported exactly the same problem a few days ago but got a completely different (completely useless) reply, lol.
I have just uninstalled Cleanup because pinning folders every day drove me mad. Pity, such a good program otherwise.

Hi,

as I already wrote in the next thread https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=265910.msg1609793#msg1609793 we have a fix for the other problem. What we are not sure yet is whether it will work also for the one described in this thread but we would like to ask you for your patience until it will be released in the next version and then try whether both problems will be solved and if not let us know.
As with the other issue, if you do not want to wait, please contact our Support https://support.avast.com/contact/ and we could try to arrange a remote session to fix it directly on your PC.

Thank you and have a nice day.