Author Topic: Log viewer  (Read 3524 times)

J J

Log viewer
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:34:58 PM »
Recently i was looking at my log viewer and realized that the last entry was from the 3rd of the 11th. I'm a bit worried that there's something wrong. especially because it says the last update was on the 3rd, but i've seen it update many times after that. Can anyone explain whats going on?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:13:21 PM by J J »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Log viewer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:07:06 AM »
Which is your loggin level?
The most verbose is debug...
The best things in life are free.

J J

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »
My logging level is set to emergency. also for some reason i only had two options in the settings menu:
1 Language
2 Logging

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
My logging level is set to emergency.
Well I won't be surprised that the log is empty... My 'emergency' folder is empty too...

for some reason i only had two options in the settings menu:
1 Language
2 Logging
Wow... you're avast installation is not good... What's happening?
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair). You must be connected to the internet while repairing.
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?

J J

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
it's not only the emergency one that doesn't have any recent records they all don't. repairing it hasn't worked. I'm going to try your second idea later, I'll get back to you on the result.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 02:44:24 PM »
None of them should have anything in them if you have it set opposite Emergency it only logs Emergency occurrences or higher and since there is no higher level nothing else is logged.

I think the default level for logging is the slider is opposite to Notice, see image, so any event occurrence equal to or Higher than Notice will be logged. This should log the update notifications.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

J J

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
Ok Tech i've got some more info for you before i try uninstalling it. If i right click on the avast a icon and go to program settings all the settings are there. But if i check from the log viewer only the language and logging settings are there. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. sorry for wasting your time if it is.

Ps thanks for the info DavidR i've put it to notice.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 05:51:23 PM »
But if i check from the log viewer only the language and logging settings are there. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. sorry for wasting your time if it is.
It's not a waste of time... we're learning as you.
From Log Viewer, only its settings could be viewed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 07:12:39 PM »
But if i check from the log viewer only the language and logging settings are there. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. sorry for wasting your time if it is.
It's not a waste of time... we're learning as you.
From Log Viewer, only its settings could be viewed.

Yes I had never noticed this before, but it is logical that it only displays the settings relevant to the Logging function and less clutter to confuse. After all it just says Settings unlike the avast icon which says, Program Settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

J J

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up.