Author Topic: AVAST Home doesn't finds the virus in file when it is placed on drive S:\ Why?  (Read 2494 times)

Finar

Hi! I have a strange problem. I have one .exe file, which places on my drive S:\ in folder "1" for example: S:\1\file.exe
When I test it for viruses in any way I can only think out, Avast founds no problems. But after I copy this file to any another logical drive (C:\ & ect.) Avast instantly finds a Virus.

How it could be explained?

Thank you!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
That is indeed rather strange. What is the S: drive? (a hard disk partition, or something else maybe?)
What is the full filename of the file? (is it really file.exe?)
What virus is reported when you copy it to C:\, and what is the full filename shown in the virus dialog?
Last, how exactly do you scan the file on S: ?

Finar

1. S: drive is usual partition.
2. Really filename is CoreAAC-1.2.0.575-rev2.exe if it can make any difference :)
3. That is what I see when file copied anywhere:
     File Name         - W:\CoreAAC-1.2.0.575-rev2.exe
     Malware name - Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw]
     Malware Type   -  Adware
4. First I tried to scan by Right Mouse clicking and selecting "Scan CoreAAC-1.2.0.575-rev2.exe". After this I have started Avast! Antivirus, selected "S:\1" folder and made full deeply scan inside it (exactly "Thorought Scan"). But I had no result!

Ooops... I'm sorry for troubling. Just now I've noticed, that S:\*.* was added to exñlusions... But I thought that this applies only to background realtime scanner, but not to entire antivirus.

So, is it possible to add some area to exñlusions only for realtime background scanner, saving all other functions in this area?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 02:56:30 PM by Finar »

Finar

"Live for ages - study for ages!" - it is said in Russia. Thanks, I've got it myself.
Avast! is the best, if you use with your head :) !

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
There are 2 exclusion lists, actually - one in program settings, which affects the on-demand scanners only, and one in the configuration of the Standard Shield, which affects the Standard Shield only (so you probably need this one).

(In the Professional version, you can define an exclusion list for each task.)