Author Topic: BART Does Not Detect Hard Drive  (Read 12371 times)

galdrich

BART Does Not Detect Hard Drive
« on: December 15, 2006, 05:04:45 PM »
I just bought BART today. Built the CD and booted in a suspect notebook and BART detects no local hard drive rendering it useless. The notebook is a Sony VGN-AR290G with 200GB4 (100GB x 2) in RAID 0, 5400rpm Serial ATA.

I saw this in the June 2006 BRT Release notes:
Added built-in support for more SATA/RAID controllers and network adapters.

How do I get BART to recognize my drive(s)?

Thanks.

ssummit

Re: BART Does Not Detect Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:23:40 AM »
You must load the drivers for them via F6 using a floppy.  Look for the brief message that asks you to press F6 if you need to install other drivers (SCSI, SATA, RAID) and later you will be instructed what to do.

dr_parsley

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
I also have this problem, with a Compaq Presario C555.  I press F6 and it says I don't have a floppy drive so can't load a driver.  Who has a floppy drive these days?

As the original poster indicated, I'm also not convinced that the driver is the problem, as it's just a standard laptop.

Anyway, perhaps the new VISTA-based version might not need a driver?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
Yes, I'd say it's quite likely that the new Vista build won't need a driver - that's the main reason for the update.

With the old BART version, you may try to (temporarily - only for the BART boot!) change the drive mode in the notebook BIOS - disable "Native SATA mode", if there's such an option there.

sariza

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »
We had the same situation, specially with our IBM laptops using SATA hard disks, the solution was to go to setup, and switch de compatibility mode for sata to "compatibility", after this, we were able to boot from Bart CD.

Best Regards
Sergio Ariza.