Author Topic: Licence and mail problem  (Read 5786 times)

Hoseman

Licence and mail problem
« on: April 21, 2003, 10:48:30 PM »
Ive got the home edition which worked fine up until I ran the internet connection wizard a week or so later and now I cant receive emails and it keeps asking me for the licence number.

I entered the licence number originally when I first installed it and it was OK but now (after using the Internet wizard) when it asks me for the number it keeps rejecting it so I cant even get into the program.

Whats the problem/solution?

Hoseman

Re:Licence and mail problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »
I would really appreciate an answer to my post and especially as this program seems to have messed up my mail program.

What has Avast done to my email program as it would be "nice" to check my emails? What do I need to do to get it working as it was before?

Why isnt the licence key provided working? Should I remove and reinstall the Avast program?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 01:13:39 PM »
To enable mail delivery without avast scanning, start the Mail Protection Wizard (in menu Start -> Programs -> avast! antivirus) and select "automatically remove protection from all my accounts".

Hoseman

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 08:32:43 PM »
It still hasnt fixed the problem. Is it anything to do with the licence and program not working?

The error message I get is as follows:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 01:30:39 PM »
It still hasnt fixed the problem.

So you have to manually restore the account settings in your mail program (avast changed SMTP server, POP server and POP username).
BTW did you close the mail program when running Mail Protection Wizard ?

Is it anything to do with the licence and program not working?

No, it is another problem.

Hoseman

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 05:39:39 PM »
My mail is working fine now so thanks for your help.

Whats the deal with tthe licence issue?