OK, so the rule goes, if you can't solve the problem after disabling some top layers, see if the problem still exists with all layers disabled, right?
Here's what I tried (using v4.7.925 Beta):
- Set "avast! Antivirus" and "avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv)" services to DISABLED
- Also set "avast! Mail Scanner" and "avast! Web Scanner" services to DISABLED
- Used msconfig to disable the automatic startup of ashDisp.exe
- Changed: aswMonFlt from 2(Auto) to 4(DISABLED)
- Changed: aswTdi from 1(System) to 4(DISABLED)
- Changed: aswRdr from 1(System) to 4(DISABLED)
- Restarted, verified no gui, verified 4 standard services set to DISABLED and stopped.
- T360 works!
This leads me to conclude that I could conceivably figure out exactly which service or device driver is causing the problem. That being said, I need a break for now, so I'll look deeper at this hopefully later today.
We haven't found the problem, but we can find out what service or device driver is causing it, I believe. If I am able to narrow it down that far, will you continue to work (edit code, fix, etc) so that the Transcode 360 community can use your wonderful AV program?
Here are some A's to your Q's:
- During previous testing, I was checking task manager also to verify no ash* or asw* processes, even though we both know that those lower level services won't show up here.
- I am using the Home version on this machine
- I am using Outlook 2007, as part of the Office 2007 System Professional package. I have it set to automatically start via my (local user's) "Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder.
More info later... This is encouraging news, no?
Jacob W. Klein
You're right 3 is Manual 4 is disabled - but still, there shouldn't be much difference here (even though you could try using 4 to make absolutely sure it's not the drivers' fault).
Hmm, so, what now?
So, no, there's no ash* or asw* processes running, right? (you can use the Processes tab in the Task Manager to verify).
BTW are you using avast Home or Professional?
BTW2 do you have (full) MS Outlook installed on your machine? Which mail client are you using?