Author Topic: Email Outlook Express  (Read 10202 times)

clanger

Re:Email Outlook Express
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 02:52:43 AM »
Yes i put it back on and it's working fine.  Thanks for all your help I couldn't have solved it without it.

Cheers ;D

techie101

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2004, 05:22:39 AM »
clanger,

I am overjoyed that we got it working.  It was the key to helping other Tiscali users with configuration problems.
I have been working on this problem for weeks now and thanks to you help , I think I have it.

Would you do something for me?  You said that you have Avast installed.  Was Avast reinstalled prior to my fixing the problem or did you install it afterwards?  Did you use the Mail Protection Wizard to set it up?

I am trying to see when in time the problem occurred.  If you had Avast installed when the error occurred and all we needed to do is fix the OE settings, then I need to get together with the Avast team and find out why Avast messed it up.

One last thing.  Could you send me the final OE Account/Properties Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server names. (via IM as before)
Do you have the Outgoing Server box checked "My server requires authentication?"

The info you will send will help me tremendously.

Thank you again
techie

clanger

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 11:39:10 AM »
It was already installed when we fixed the problem but, it's still working fine.  I will send you the info like before.

techie101

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
clanger,

Thank you.  That was important information.  It resolves the issue of Tiscali and Avast configuration.  They DO work togethr but the configuration seems to be non-standard.

I will get to work with Voj from the Avast team to see what can be done to fix this.

techie

kd2pm

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »
If it helps, I found that the wizard places the # character between the account and pop3 server and that causes Outlook to go bonkers. I replaced the # with : and it now works as it should. I suspect AVAST wizard was never corrected to work with OE6? If you read the error that OE6 sends it does not like the # in there.

clanger

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 12:04:52 AM »
techie 101

Did my sisters email it was a bit different because they share identities, it took a while but I mastered it.  You gave a good lesson.  Just thought I would let you know. ;D