Author Topic: Win32:aAgent-DXD [Trj] when compiling in C++  (Read 2487 times)

mike85

Win32:aAgent-DXD [Trj] when compiling in C++
« on: December 21, 2006, 08:27:19 AM »
Hi,
I'm a programming student, and being such I code alot of small programs for practice.   But for some reason I am getting a pop up from avast stating a virus has been detected on the .exe file I'm compiling then running.  It only started tonight, some the same programs I have compiled months ago.  It doesn't say my.cpp files are corrupted when I save them, only the .exe files that I compile.  The compiler I use is Dev-C++. 

I ran a boot time scan, but since I have about 300 GB of data to scan I pretty much go take a nap and come back to see what it has found =P  But lately (after I installed my new radeon x1600 video card) I come back to a  blue screen that says a driver has failed and windows can not load.  Sometimes it does not state the driver, but other times it has identified it as an ATI driver.  It has crashed during one game as well, but not others. 

The video card sounds like a problem with me needing to update my chipset or something for my motherboard, but the compiling of innocent files confuses me.  Is this a mess up with Avast or is this something I should look further into?

Malware name: Win32 Agent-DxD [Trj]
Malware Type: Trojan horse
VPS Version: 0661-0, 12/20/2006

My Dev-CPP version is 4.9.9.2

An example of code that is being flagged as a trojan:
Code: [Select]
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout<<"IM NOT A VIRUS!!!";
system("pause");
return 0;
}

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Win32:aAgent-DXD [Trj] when compiling in C++
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:19:54 PM »
Please, send the file in a password protected zip to virus@avast.com
Please, mention in the body of the message a link to this thread and the password used. Thanks.

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
After that, please, periodically check it - scan it into Chest, right clicking the file -  there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected as being infected then you can also remove it from the Exclusion list.
The best things in life are free.

Jawa

Re: Win32:aAgent-DXD [Trj] when compiling in C++
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
I have the same problem with avast and Dev-C++. Was the file already sent and researched? If so, does the Dev-C++ compiler make viruses?