Author Topic: Updating error message  (Read 1835 times)

Toody

Updating error message
« on: December 22, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »
Hello,

Avast 4.7 was working fine for a few months, and I was getting updates without any problems. Then, a few days ago, when I started my computer, I got the message, "Can't Update. The Package is Broken." Does this mean that the antivirus software is broken or that the updating "package" is broken?

I turned off my computer and rebooted it, and didn't get an error message or an update. The next day, and the few days since, I have been getting my updates without error.

I was told to uninstall/reinstall the product by an Avast support technician, which I will do; but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I have:
WinXP with SP2
512 MB of RAM
Windows Firewall
Dell Dimension 4770

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Updating error message
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »
The update function is broken.

First, you say you have had the program a couple of months, did you register it and get sent by email a registration key and did you enter that ?

If not, complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key. Insert Registration Key - Video

If you have done that and it doesn't work, try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security