Author Topic: The renewal is a different Product.  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Ttwo

The renewal is a different Product.
« on: March 29, 2021, 10:57:43 PM »
Two years ago I buy a product from AVAST (Avast Internet Security - 3 PC, 2 Years) that was hypothetically automatically renewed. The problem is the product offered in the renewal is different (Avast Premium Security (Multi-Device)). From 2 years support to 1 year, from 3 PC to 10 devices. Avast is reducing the subscription duration for a higher number of devices I do not need, for a higher price tag.

I am satisfied with the product, but not the way AVAST is doing business.

I submitted two requests:
Avast Subscription Cancellation - 12896543 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2Qpkrv:ref ]
Avast Refund Request - 12896522 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2Qpkq9:ref ]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: The renewal is a different Product.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 11:29:28 PM »
The Avast Internet Security is no longer available (and has been so for some time), as licences come to an end you would be offered (you should have got a payment renewal email) with the new Avast Premium product closest to your existing license. Unfortunately there is no 3 PC product option.

Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35.
Refund request - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund

I have been using Avast Free for almost 17 years and it has worked fine for my requirements, of course there is no Avast Firewall, so when I switched t windows 10 I used the windows firewall instead of the Outpost Firewall Pro (paid product, no longer available) that I used in conjunction avast free on my systems.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: The renewal is a different Product.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 09:10:23 PM »
Two years ago I buy a product from AVAST (Avast Internet Security - 3 PC, 2 Years) that was hypothetically automatically renewed. The problem is the product offered in the renewal is different (Avast Premium Security (Multi-Device)). From 2 years support to 1 year, from 3 PC to 10 devices. Avast is reducing the subscription duration for a higher number of devices I do not need, for a higher price tag.

I am satisfied with the product, but not the way AVAST is doing business.

I submitted two requests:
Avast Subscription Cancellation - 12896543 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2Qpkrv:ref ]
Avast Refund Request - 12896522 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2Qpkq9:ref ]

Hi,

There have been changes to our product portfolio since the time of your original purchase. Avast Internet Security for 3 PCs -2 years is no longer available.
Your original subscription of Avast Internet Security for 3 PCs -2 years was automatically changed to Avast Premium Security MultiDevice for 10 PCs 2 years. There was no reduction in the validity of the license period.
Subsequent auto-renewals are always at the standard price (not the discounted price as with first time purchases), and the renewal occurs annually.
The annual auto-renewal also applies to purchases of 2-year licenses.
I can confirm that we have cancelled your subscription for Avast  Premium Security (multi-device) and have refunded your latest renewal of 29th March.
Please accept our apologies for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused.