Author Topic: Microsoft Invades The Car....  (Read 1782 times)

drhayden1

Microsoft Invades The Car....
« on: December 26, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »
Many people have built their own car PC and installed their rig into their autos, but now Microsoft feels that they must partner with Ford to put Windows into your car. Why? Microsoft really doesn't want to take over the world you know, just your desktop, living room, workplace, car, plane, tricycle, government, oh yeah and they want to be in charge of how much filling goes into Twinkies too. Despite the megalomaniacal leanings of good ol' MS, Ford is going yo go along with it anyway. The system will have some form of Windows (if we're lucky it will be Windows Mobile), bluetooth, SmartPhone support, probably GPS support and who knows what else. Honestly I would rather put together my own PC than let Microsoft norse it up by putting together their own idea of what I need in a car PC, but hey, that's just me. I am a bit skeptical about the idea, and will remain so until I see how viable and useful the Windows-Powered car PC really is. First the PC is integrated with Ford cars in a non-threatening "just-for-fun" way, but soon, the car PC will want to run everything. I can't wait to hear the Microsoft Agent voice say, "you should pull over to the side of the road before your car loses power. Your fuel is severely depleted :o 8) ::)

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/20/microsoft-blueandme-in-car-computing-coming-to-us-via-ford-in-2007
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 11:08:32 PM by drhayden1 »