Author Topic: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.932)  (Read 125804 times)

WuLFe

Re: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.925)
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2007, 07:31:06 AM »
its the eicar test from their site, itself... i was testing if Web Shield would block the download, but apparently it did not.. :-\

its a double-packed ZIP archive, according to eicar's site... my Web shield is set to High setting already, with All Packers checked.. the weird thing is that the Explorer extension could detect it, that is if i downloaded it and scanned it..  :-\

how about the password problem? do you experience it too?

thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2007, 02:50:35 PM »
I don't see anywhere in the web shield that you can tick for all packers ?
However, what was the URL path, if it began with https: then avast doesn't monitor secure encrypted traffic, it can't.

Password, sorry I don't know what your problem is
Quote from: WuLFe
but the bad news is, i think there's something wrong with the password protection coz i cant seem to get it to work! a red message box would appear telling me that

"avast!: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

avast doesn't use passwords in updating I assume this is what you are talking about (?) and your error message mentions nothing about passwords but a file in use by another process. I doubt this is beta bug related issue or all or many of us who are using the beta would be experiencing it.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

WuLFe

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2007, 03:36:51 PM »
sorry if i've confused you, somewhat with the "password" prob i'm having..

what i meant was the password you could set to protect your settings for avast!..

its not working at all for me, and i don't know why...

and with the tick with the "All packers", i could access it coz i'm using the pro version

and i'm pretty sure that the the port is HTTP, coz i'm using a firewall.. hmmmm..

i guess i'll have to tweak around with the avast4.ini file...

thanks for the reply David  :)

WuLFe

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »
hey! i got it working now david!  ;D the "packers" problem i mean... tweaked some rules in my firewall and the web scanner's behavior and its working perfectly now!

now my only problem with the beta is the password thing...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2007, 04:15:39 PM »
and with the tick with the "All packers", i could access it coz i'm using the pro version
Ahh that would be why I can't see it I assumed you were using Home since you didn't mention what version you had.

I don't use the password protection of settings as 1) I'm the only user, 2) if I have a problem like that I would just install my last hard disk image.

The only thing I've heard about a problem was someone forgetting it and having to uninstall, boot, run the uninstall utility, boot and reinstall so they could reset it. This would appear to be different to your problem, which you could expand on.

Since the Red box doesn't relate to password protection of settings, do you still have a problem with updates or this red box ?

Both of the above issues I doubt are directly related to the beta version, so it would probably be better to create a new topic for it so as not to clutter up the beta topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

joooo

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:08 PM »
When will be launched the version 4.8? It has some date?
Version 4.7.925 is very steady.
It forgives me the repetition.
A suggestion: I know that already I suggested some times, but would be good if the Internet protection was faster in the sweepings, therefore the times the opening of pages are slow when the protection is active.
Congratulations for all.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:22:48 PM by joooo »

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2007, 11:09:11 PM »
JOOOOO is it too early to know when 4.8 will be released. About WebShield you will notice a little slowdown if you have a dial up connection
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

joooo

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »
JOOOOO is it too early to know when 4.8 will be released. About WebShield you will notice a little slowdown if you have a dial up connection

It's correct.
Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2007, 01:10:32 AM »

I'm on dial-up and I see no noticeable slowdown when using web shield.

joooo

Re: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.932)
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »
Testing the new version 4.7 (932).
Thanks.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »
Testing the new version 4.7 (932).
Just installed .932 here, the update run without problems, and the version seems stable. Will play with it more tomorrow.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »
I don't see anywhere in the web shield that you can tick for all packers ?

There's a all packers in web shield?? Is this new in the beta?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2007, 02:40:14 AM »
Where? In the Pro version?
The best things in life are free.

avvidro

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2007, 02:42:03 AM »
Congratulations to the developers for the effort to turn Avast (even :D) lighter on resources and speed, I think this objective should be an obsession for all software engineers, specially for the Windows Vista ones :P.

But why not put the download link in the Download/Beta software session in the Avast site? There, currently there is a message saying "(sorry, there are no beta programs at this time)". I looked for the beta at the forum first, but, for who visits the site...

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2007, 02:42:43 AM »
Where? In the Pro version?

That was my question....where??  ???