Author Topic: icon  (Read 4752 times)

coloquil

icon
« on: December 30, 2006, 07:01:19 PM »
can someone tell me how to get the spinning icon back i have tried to get it back by going to settings but the box is already ticked i can get it back by finding the target folder but when i reboot it it has disapeared

keith

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: icon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:39:36 PM »
Sorry I'm not an avast server edition user, so I'm not sure how this works with the server edition, but what is common in the avast 4 Home/Pro is the avast icon, ashDisp.exe (or possibly aswDisp in the server edition) is kiled by other security software that monitors startup entries.

What other security based software do you have that might block new startup entries, e.g. Spybot S&D (TeaTimer), AdAware (AdWatch), SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor (StartUpGuard), PrevX, WinPatrol, ProcessGuard, etc.  (excuse the various desktop versions but there are likely to be server versions for some or others) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

coloquil

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »
hi david,
               i have spyware doctor on board and the xp security home would these upset the icon

keith

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
i have spyware doctor
Yes, there is a possibility...
Maybe Spyware Doctor has a backup that you can restore. Than add ashdisp.exe to its exclusion list.

Other ways to solve this:

1. Check the option in the Appearance tab of settings.
or
2. Repair your avast installation through Control Panel.
or
3. Make a link to ashdisp.exe in your startup folder
or
4. Add the path to ashDisp.exe into a value named avast! in the Windows Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »
               i have spyware doctor on board and the xp security home would these upset the icon

Spyware Doctor most certainly (XP Security Home I don't know about) as this has done the same in the desktop avast 4 home/pro, so you will need to check the StartUpGuard part of spyware doctor and ensure that the avast icon is restored and allowed for the future otherwise it could be gone again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security