Author Topic: skin free skin  (Read 30211 times)

hugoboss

skin free skin
« on: February 02, 2004, 08:58:28 PM »
hi i dont like skins, how to disable them or get/make a plain windows skin. ???

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:skin free skin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 09:16:31 PM »
Sorry, this is currently not possible in the home edition.
We may be adding this functionality in some upcoming updates, though..

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 01:38:06 AM »
hi i dont like skins, how to disable them or get/make a plain windows skin. ???

That's funny... you don't like skins just like that ? So did you "shave" your Windows to look like Windows 3.11 ? You can save some system resorces (some 0.01%)  ;) That was joke...

You can always switch to low-res skin. It still looks good, and I believe it takes less resources...

Cheers !

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 01:39:14 AM »
windows 3.xx looked very dull....
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

hugoboss

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 03:03:48 AM »
no its not speed, just hate skins. also, on avast it feels like they are bit buggy. just a plain interface and text links or buttonstyle like the ''On-Acces Protection Control'' will do fine :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 03:10:08 AM by hugoboss »

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 03:21:09 AM »
I've always just used the low res skin.  It has the same functions as the others.  Not that there is anything wrong with them.  It's eye candy.

I'm a big fan of Windows 3.11!  Add a disk cache utility like Lightning for Windows and that SOB will fly! :o

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 03:33:47 AM »
I'm a big fan of Windows 3.11!  Add a disk cache utility like Lightning for Windows and that SOB will fly!  

I hated all 3.xx windows platforms. So thats when I made the switch to much faster Mac OS 1.0.12
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 03:37:46 AM »
Well, as you know, MS stole the GUI idea from Apple.   Someday, if I need to get a new machine from the ground up, it'll be a Mac!

Yeah, but I bet my old 486 with Lightning would out perform your old Mac.  Too bad we can't take benchmarks in hindsight :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 03:39:24 AM by Culpeper »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 03:48:19 AM »
no its not speed, just hate skins. also, on avast it feels like they are bit buggy. just a plain interface and text links or buttonstyle like the ''On-Acces Protection Control'' will do fine :)

It feels like they are bit buggy ?  >:( What's that suppose to mean ? They are not buggy and that's for sure. All skins are tested 100 and more times by me (those that were made by me), M.Novak, Vlk and also by other members of Alwil software. No skin can be in avast! skin download section if it hasn't passed all those tests. Find just one bug and I'll kill myself, 'cause I'm 100% sure I took it to perfection... (well, at least I gave my best) ...that was my intention in the first place. I really don't understand some people... You give them something more and they keep complaining more than ever before... just like you took something from them. I don't have a problem if you hate my skin style or you hate the way I made all of my skins. It's OK, I didn't expect that all users will like them, but there are some wonderful skins done by Martin Novak, and no one can tell me that those are no good ! Those are wonderful !

No one can stop you hate those skins, no one can force you use them... it's very simple, though... if you don't like them, don't use them, but to say that those are buggy ?!! Common...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 02:16:18 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 05:09:06 AM »

It feels like they are bit buggy ?  >:( What's that suppose to mean ? They are not buggy and that's for sure. All skins are tested 100 and more times by me (those that were made by me), M.Novak, Vlk and also by other members of Alwil software. No skin can be in avast! skin download section if it hasn't passed all those tests. Find just one bug and I'll kill myself, 'cause I'm 100% sure I took it to perfection... (well, at least I gave my best) ...that was my intention in the first place. I really don't understand some people... You give them something more and they keep complaining more than ever before... just like you took something from them.

No one can stop you hate those skins, no one can force you use them... it's very simple, though... if you don't like them, don't use them, but to say that those are buggy ?!! Common...

Cheers !

Spoken like a true artist ;D

hugoboss

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 03:17:39 AM »
buggy like unstable. i hate to click something and get a feeling it gonna explode, blurrs up, shakes, rattle... did i mention i hate artist too  ;D

THEY ARE SOOO IMPRESSIBLE  :-X

no one can force you use them
yes, not in the current versions, cant disable them yet
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 03:22:16 AM by hugoboss »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 03:18:43 PM »
First of all, I'm not artist at all. I just love what I do and I'm trying to put myself 100% into this job.

hugoboss wrote:
THEY ARE SOOO IMPRESSIBLE

"Impressionable" is the word that you needed in that sentence... no I'm not, I told you, I'm not artist ;)

Everybody in this forum likes my work, some of them don't like my style, but at least  they have some decency not to spit on someone else's work, 'cause they know that making of skins is hell of a hard work...

If you don't know how to appreciate it, or better to say, you don't wanna appreciate it, so you think this is the place where you can spit all over people... you are wrong my friend. Find some flamming forum..

What kind a man you are when you are able to say "I hate artists too" that easy ? Tomorrow, when you find some small minor bug in avast antivirus program, you'll say: "I hate programmers", very next day: "I hate forum support..." etc. People like you is very difficult to understand well... it smells like Croatia (no offence to anyone particular, but I had some very jealous friends down there), so I think it's better for you to continue your little fight with your Cube page... sounds familiar ?   ;)

And, yes... you can turn off skins in avast!, but first you have to find out  how to do that...

hugoboss wrote:
i hate to click something and get a feeling it gonna explode, blurrs up, shakes, rattle...

By the way, nothing is going to explode... that's just you are being paranoid...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 02:02:51 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »
This is in no way an insult to the artisits of the skins that are available for Avast. I say this with all due respect!

I would really love to see a skin free skin myself. I like the "Avast! on access scanner" GUI, and it presents a very professional screen, that looks good and is easy to use. If the creators of Avast could come up with a skin free skin that is set up, and looks just like the on access scanner GUI, I think they would have the best of both worlds with their AV.

Douglas
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 04:52:11 PM by Tipton »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 07:49:58 PM »

Cheers !

Wisely spocken  ;) ;)
MW

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 01:22:07 AM »
This is in no way an insult to the artisits of the skins that are available for Avast. I say this with all due respect!

I would really love to see a skin free skin myself. I like the "Avast! on access scanner" GUI, and it presents a very professional screen, that looks good and is easy to use. If the creators of Avast could come up with a skin free skin that is set up, and looks just like the on access scanner GUI, I think they would have the best of both worlds with their AV.

Douglas

I know Douglas, and you're 100% right. Some people don't like fancy skins and they want their program to do it's primary function first. It's completely understandable. Nothing wrong with that, but did you see that guy talking some stupidities like he hates artists and similar stuff ? Is obvious that his intention was to provoke, but I'm 300% calm... why ? for the second time - 'cause I'm not artist !  ;) I just like to draw and that little tiny fact doesn't make me artist, right ? So I don't know who is that guy who he hates... ::)

Cheers !

P.S. Mina, I'm sending big greetings to your Egyptian people !!! And BTW, this is picture preview of my new "Corporate" skin. I sent it to Vlk, few minutes ago, so he'll perform some additional tests tomorrow (most likely)...