Author Topic: skin free skin  (Read 30213 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:skin free skin
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 01:25:36 AM »
Woooo! Nice indeed.   8)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 01:34:06 AM »
Hugoboss,

Sasha has put a lot of time to make sure those skins dont have bugs. I use the G5 skin by him and it is great for his first skin. If you dont like skins dont use them but please dont offend Sasha.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 01:48:05 AM »
Yeah, don't pick on our artist or else! >:(

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2004, 02:27:35 AM »
Thanks guys, you're real friends. Your voices of support made me feel so good. I still can not believe that this forum is so full of wonderful people... real friends, not fake ones. You can see who's your real friend when it comes to battle. Thanks a lot, and I must say something one more time...

I'm not artist ! Artists are people who makes money on their artworks, or not make money at all, but art is their primary job. My job is everything but art... I like to spend some time drawing, painting, playing in Fireworks, Photoshop etc., but I'm far from artist...

Thanks again !

Tipton

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 02:51:27 AM »
This is in no way an insult to the artisits of the skins that are available for Avast. I say this with all due respect!

I would really love to see a skin free skin myself. I like the "Avast! on access scanner" GUI, and it presents a very professional screen, that looks good and is easy to use. If the creators of Avast could come up with a skin free skin that is set up, and looks just like the on access scanner GUI, I think they would have the best of both worlds with their AV.

Douglas

I know Douglas, and you're 100% right. Some people don't like fancy skins and they want their program to do it's primary function first. It's completely understandable. Nothing wrong with that, but did you see that guy talking some stupidities like he hates artists and similar stuff ? Is obvious that his intention was to provoke, but I'm 300% calm... why ? for the second time - 'cause I'm not artist !  ;) I just like to draw and that little tiny fact doesn't make me artist, right ? So I don't know who is that guy who he hates... ::)

Cheers !

P.S. Mina, I'm sending big greetings to your Egyptian people !!! And BTW, this is picture preview of my new "Corporate" skin. I sent it to Vlk, few minutes ago, so he'll perform some additional tests tomorrow (most likely)...

Yes I saw what he said. He was probably just fishin for a conflict. People won't get much help here by acting that way!

So the photo of the new Avast screen, what is that? Is that a new skin, or your solution to maybe a GUI for a skin free skin? Its rather cool looking!

Douglas
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 03:03:04 AM by Tipton »

Tipton

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 03:07:21 AM »
Also, is it possible to make them bigger, or do they loose something trying that?

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 03:17:41 AM »
Sasha, very thanks for your work and time...

Hugoboss, why don't you use avast! Professional version: there is no skins there  8)
The best things in life are free.

Tipton

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 03:21:04 AM »

Hugoboss, why don't you use avast! Professional version: there is no skins there  8)

Technical, what does the GUI look like in Avast Pro? Got a screen shot of it? Why doesn't it have skins?

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 03:45:13 AM »

Technical, what does the GUI look like in Avast Pro? Got a screen shot of it? Why doesn't it have skins?

Douglas

It is a windows based application, like any other, without skins...
Of course, there are a lot of other advantages comparing to Home version.  8)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 03:57:34 AM »
Tipton wrote:
So the photo of the new Avast screen, what is that? Is that a new skin, or your solution to maybe a GUI for a skin free skin?

That is actually finished skin. I finished it few hours ago, and I sent it already to Vlk (Ondrej). I think he's going to perform all other additional tests ( as usual) and after that he'll publish it in avast skins download section...

Tipton wrote:
Also, is it possible to make them bigger, or do they loose something trying that?

Sorry, I don't understand this one... do you mean is it possible to make skins bigger ? Yes, of course it is... no problem at all, but I thought that these existing ones are already way too big...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 04:03:46 AM »

Very good, the best advice to him... if he needs something that looks professionally and not "gamey" like those skins done by me, so be it... there is avast! professional version.  ;)

Hello there my Brasilian friend !!! I missed ya already ! This forum is kinda quiet without you... we all need your support my friend !

Yes, there are some new skins in skin download section. I know that you like my work, so I hope you'll find something nice in there for you. By the way, this new skin called "corporate", I think you'll like that one most.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 04:06:26 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 04:04:13 AM »
Tipton wrote:
So the photo of the new Avast screen, what is that? Is that a new skin, or your solution to maybe a GUI for a skin free skin?

That is actually finished skin. I finished it few hours ago, and I sent it already to Vlk (Ondrej). I think he's going to perform all other additional tests ( as usual) and after that he'll publish it in avast skins download section...

Tipton wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand this one... do you mean is it possible to make skins bigger ? Yes, of course it is... no problem at all, but I thought that these existing ones are already way too big...

Yeah, make them larger in size. On some of the skins, it is hard for me to read the files as they are being scanned. I am still from the old school of thought. Bigger is better!

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 04:17:39 AM »
Tipton, I understand you but... let Sasha test the skins into 640 x 480 pixels monitor... sometimes big skins does not fit into the screen  ;)

I think we can have 'minimalist' skins side by side of 'bigger' ones... The user can choose if some experts could have time to make different skins...  ;D

Tipton

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 04:20:34 AM »
Sounds like a plan! My 38 year old eye balls aren't what they used to be you know!  ;)

Douglas

Datagg

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 04:37:09 AM »
My god that corportate skin is awesome, great job, is that ready to use now??????