Author Topic: skin free skin  (Read 30209 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:skin free skin
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »
Technical wrote:
Tipton, I understand you but... let Sasha test the skins into 640 x 480 pixels monitor... sometimes big skins does not fit into the screen  

I think we can have 'minimalist' skins side by side of 'bigger' ones... The user can choose if some experts could have time to make different skins

Yes, that's true. It's not problem just in base (main) skin screen, but I have to consider those sliding pannels (those 3 little ones) knowing that they will also take some space on the screen. It's hard to believe that someone is still using 648x480 pixels resolution, but also I'm pretty sure that there are many individuals who still can't afford big size and good quality monitors... I also don't want to forget those guys and girls, and I MUST think of them too...

But... there is another one catch... I have an idea... I can make... no, no, no... I won't tell, I'll surpise you guys !!! Just wait few days... I have to rest my eyes a little bit.  ;D

Actually, I always use 1024x768 pixels resolution on my home computer. I'm so lucky to have my 17" Dell monitor, nothing to big, nothing to much, but the picture is crystal clear. When I make web sites, designing skins or producing other graphic materials, I always use 1024x768, but as I like to test my web sites on IE (MyIE2, Avant)  I also like to test them in Mozilla or Opera, just to be sure they will work properly, I also test my stuff on 800x600.

That's why I said before that skins seems to me already way too big. On 1024x768 they take almost 1/3rd of my desktop, so you can imagine what's happening on 800x600. Anyway, I must admit that sometimes I have some problems reading those little letters ( Tipton, I'm close to you by how old I am... 33 ughhh)... I mean, I can read those, but after I leave my computer, my eye focus is I don't know where... you can perfectly spot little ant on the ground, but you can't see the elefant in front of you, hahaha... ;D It's really important for your eyes, what screen refresh rate you keep your monitor on. It should be as big as your monitor can handle. I keep mine on 100 Hertz.

Datagg wrote:
My god that corportate skin is awesome, great job, is that ready to use now??????

It's finished and very, very ready to use. We just have to wait for Vlk to approve it and upload it in avast skin download section.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 12:10:04 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:27:02 PM »

Actually, I always use 1024x768 pixels resolution on my home computer. I'm so lucky to have my 17" Dell monitor, nothing to big, nothing to much, but the picture is crystal clear.

not me! apple 23 inch display!!!!!!! :P
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

John-

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 10:30:55 PM »
I do not think the Avast Skin is ugly,...but honnestly I do find the plain W2K-look we find in the on-Access scanner much better for software.
So I hope this skin will be available for the scanner aswel,...
The possibility should be included you can choose for a default windows 2000 skin.

this is just my honnest opinion.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2004, 12:22:25 AM »
Thanks for your opinion John... but, no one can intercept me, hehe  ;D

I was working like a bee, whole day today... and here is another one done by me. I hope all of you guys who prefer flat, plain look, will have your 5 minutes now. I did this one just for you and to prove that I can make whatever you can imagine... you want something that is complex like hell, or you want something flat like road... I have all possible solutions for you... God I'm fast and good !  8)

Sorry, I had to move picture little bit lower in this thread (first one below Mina's reply). Thanks for understanding...

Your opinion guys and girls ?

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 06:12:29 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Waldo

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2004, 12:44:12 AM »
The "flat & simple" skin is just f***ing awsome !!!

I have no other words that that, to say how great this is !  ;D

Man, Craftec, your the "Skin Master"

Btw; Your website is the top also. I wich i could do something like that. Your really a graphic design expert. I sincerly hope that someone will soon discover your work and reward you accordonly.
Waldo
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:49:11 AM by Waldo »

Steele

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2004, 02:36:12 AM »
Are any of these new awesome looking skins available from the avast skin "skin" part of the site? Becasue I'm not seeing them....?  :-\

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2004, 03:41:32 AM »
I wrote in one of my latest few posts: "...It's finished and very, very ready to use. We just have to wait for Vlk to approve it and upload it in avast skin download section..."

It's always like that and you guys must be patient. I test all my skins more than 100 times before I ever send them to Alwil guys... you must understand me, there is a looooooot of work... I must make design of future skin in my head, I must find the best way how to transform that (sometimes) crazy idea into real skin, I have to draw all graphics and believe me, there is a bunch of little buttons for which I need 3 or sometimes 5 button states. I also have to make all those animations (sliding pannels), button transitions, framming graphics etc, etc. There is always million possibilities to make a "wrong move" somewhere... so, my first and most important job after I finish skin design, is to check how my skin is behaving in all possible situations... I don't want to put it on web site unles I'm 159% sure that everything is OK. After me, Vlk is first one who checks my skins. If he finds something like some picture should be changed or anything else... he e-mails me right away with no delay, the very next minute (THANKS ONDREJ, YOU'RE SO PROFESSIONAL... a way to go !!!).

Vlk sent me e-mail yesterday and he is very happy because of my new "CORPORATE" skin. He doesn't even know about this new one called "Flat'n'Simple"... and that's because he sleeps like a baby now... different time zone iz Czech Republic. I sent him "Flat'n'Simple" few hours ago, and he'll receive it first thing when he enters his office. I'm sure he will check it right away, he always does it that way.

In his last e-mail to me, he told me that they will publish my new skins at the beginning of the next week or sooner if I insist. I can not insist, they are too good to me already... but guys, you could insist and ask them to publish it sooner. Let us hear your voices !!!  ;D

So, once again... be little more patient and skin will show up in skin download section before you know... promise !  ;)

Waldo wrote:
Btw; Your website is the top also. I wich i could do something like that. Your really a graphic design expert. I sincerly hope that someone will soon discover your work and reward you accordonly.

That's actually my very first web site done with Macromedia's Flash MX 2004... I like it a lot ! Regarding rewards and discovering me and my love for graphic design... from your mouth to God's ears. I still work on some jobs not so related to computers, 'cause Canada doesn't recognize my diplomas from Croatia, Europe, and I don't have so much money to go to school all over again... :-\. But, I hope everything will be better soon... I hope... ::)

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 03:45:08 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2004, 07:22:55 AM »

P.S. Mina, I'm sending big greetings to your Egyptian people !!! And BTW, this is picture preview of my new "Corporate" skin. I sent it to Vlk, few minutes ago, so he'll perform some additional tests tomorrow (most likely)...

Thanx Sasha  ;D ;D
I hope Vlk approves it soon  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 07:24:34 AM by minacross »
MW

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2004, 06:10:50 PM »
Here is the preview... skin is finished, fully functional and ready to use... we just have to wait untill the beginning of the next week for Vlk to upload it in avast! skin download section...

Cheers !

Datagg

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2004, 06:29:12 PM »
ahhhh i dont wanna wait.......pm it to me.....next week is to far away.....

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2004, 06:51:10 PM »
Sorry, can't do that without Alwil's permission first. We have to wait for those two new skins to be uploaded... or you guys can send some group request to Vlk and the rest of Alwil guys... maybe they'll listen to you if you want it so badly...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 06:52:33 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Datagg

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2004, 07:12:58 PM »
ok thanks..Awesome job bye the way..cant wait till its there....

Steele

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2004, 09:43:03 PM »
No worries. I'm one patient malamute!  8)

The quality of your work S.Z.Craftec speaks wonders 4 itself!!  :) ;D

I'm sure it will be aproved it no time!  ;)

I'll be sure to use it once it becomes available.  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2004, 11:00:41 PM »
No problem, I'm glad you like my artwork... I hope I'll have enoygh time in the future to make some more good skins...

Regards !

Datagg

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2004, 11:23:41 PM »
You know what skin would really be cool, dont know if many likes it also, but im a bog tfc fan,  that would be so cool...im in leagues and stuff, so that would be an awesome show off piece.....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 11:24:03 PM by Datagg »