Author Topic: Whitelisting website doesn't work  (Read 840 times)

Offline jimson8

Whitelisting website doesn't work
« on: April 03, 2021, 03:19:25 AM »
Every time I visit my friend's website, I get a series of Avast security alerts that say "Threat Secured: We've safely aborted your connection on [address] because it was infected with URL:Blacklist." I've brought this to my friend's attention, and he says this appears to somehow be related to certain images he has on the site. He's changed some settings on his end and has been trying to research how to fix this, but so far he hasn't has any luck.

In the meantime, the alerts have gotten really annoying, so I've gone in the Avast software to menu > settings > general > exceptions and added the website's homepage address in homes of making the alerts go away. There's a * after the address, so adding an exception should in theory prevent me from getting any further alerts  from any page I visit on this website, but it's not working for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks,
Scott

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Whitelisting website doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 04:06:04 AM »
Please attach a screenshot of the alert you are getting, click the more details option in the alert window to expand the information.

See my attached image on what to do.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security