Author Topic: 2-step verification activation problem  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Mvpz352

2-step verification activation problem
« on: April 04, 2021, 04:25:22 AM »

Why does this keep happening exactly? I have tried two different browsers with the same result. I also tried disabling browser extensions.
I cannot enable 2-step login verification.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: 2-step verification activation problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 02:00:08 PM »
Hi,

At which stage in the 2step activation process do you receive this error message?
Which browsers are you using?

Offline Mvpz352

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 02:07:59 PM »
Hi,

At which stage in the 2step activation process do you receive this error message?

Immediately after I click on "Turn on 2-step verification" at account settings page, at that moment I get that popup.
 Firefox on two different computers and Microsoft Edge Browser, but I dont see how that could even matter. Avast is having problems.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
Hi,

Immediately after I click on "Turn on 2-step verification" at account settings page, at that moment I get that popup.
 Firefox on two different computers and Microsoft Edge Browser, but I dont see how that could even matter. Avast is having problems.

Hi,

So far, I was unable to reproduce this on my side. It is working fine for me with Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Avast Secure Browser.

Offline Mvpz352

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
it would appear that Avast Secure Browser solved the issue. That is strange that it did not work on Edge and Firefox.
 Thanks for reminding this Avast Browser exists. Problem has been solved.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »
it would appear that Avast Secure Browser solved the issue. That is strange that it did not work on Edge and Firefox.
 Thanks for reminding this Avast Browser exists. Problem has been solved.

Hi,

Thank you for the update, good to know that you solved it by using Avast Secure Browser.
The devs mentioned that a possible reason for it not working on Edge and Firefox, could be due to 3rd party cookies being disabled. This means that Google login will not work. As a workaround, closing the dialogue and reopening it should work. However, a user would need to use FB or a password to continue.
They will implement a fix for this.